Light-O-Rama Forums

can i do this?

Guest guest

could i do this on one eight channel contoller?

1st ch. 2500 lights(mini

2nd. 2500 more lights (mini)

3rd. 4 blowmolds

4th. 5 blomolds

6th. 4wireframes

5th. 8 blomolds

7th. 4 wire frames

8th TBA

or will it be sucide to be all on at once?

Well, consider that your average strand of 100 count mini lights is .34amps, and you already have a problem. 25 * .34 = 8.5amps. That's .5 amps over the limit of a single channel. (Assuming you have the heatsink.)

Now, you could lower that intensity a bit to help get you under the rating. You'd need to be very careful in your programing so that you never go over the limit.

Also, even at 8amps per channel, you couldn't have channel 1 and 2 on at the same time.

You would need to look at the ratings of the remaining equipment that you want to use and determine how much power they are going to use.

I think I would at least opp for the 16 channels. Not to say it cant be done but the limitations are pretty extreme with what your trying to do. Or just put some of the blowmolds on static to free up a channel or 2

light man wrote:

well maby for my graduation i could get one but i already have 8 sequences done already. could i just douple up on 1+2 without putting all eight at the bottom?

Not sure what that means. Once again, lets look at your approximate amperage:

Channel 1: 8.5 amps
Channel 2: 8.5 amps
Channel 3: 2 amps (figuring 60w bulb)
Channel 4: 2.5 amps
Channel 5: 4 amps
Channel 6: 2.6 amps (figuring 200 lights/frame)
Channel 7: 1.3 amps
Channel 8:

So, add that up and you have 29.4 amps. An 8 channel controller can only handle 15 amps total and about 8 amps per channel (with heatsink).

So... There's no way you can run that much on an 8 channel controller, at least not all at once. AND you'er overloading channels 1 and 2.

If you only have 8 channels, I'd recommend doing what itsmejrv says, and put eliminate some of the blowmolds (put them on static) and move some of the mini's on more channels. Then make sure you never program more than 15A of stuff on at any single time.

-Tim

light man wrote:

what i mean is can i make 1=2 channels and 2= 2 channels l;ike this

1st white bushes

2nd white bushes

3rd color bushes

4th color bushes

could i do this with out doing all new sequences

Like I said it depends how many channels you have on at once. Keep it under 15A of lights on at any given time, and no more than 8A per channel and you'll be safe.

-Tim

In your sequence, Insert a new channel below channel 1 to create a new channel 2. Then copy and paste Channel 1 into channel two and you have two identical channels. Just make sure you re-assign the channel assignments accordingly.

It woudl be nice if there was a funtion in LOR where you could tell it how many amos you expect each channel to have and the program could forewarn of any possible overcurrent problems in your sequence (either the 15A total or 8a/channel)...

Or maybe it is in there but I am not a LOR user/owner yet...

94-302-vert wrote:

It woudl be nice if there was a funtion in LOR where you could tell it how many amos you expect each channel to have and the program could forewarn of any possible overcurrent problems in your sequence (either the 15A total or 8a/channel)...

Agreed, it would be nice.... This has been mentioned before... Not sure if it is in the current wish list but it should be added if not.