Light-O-Rama Forums

Season's Greeters new product premiering at the Christmas Expo

MikeZ

Next week I will be demoing my new animatronic "Elf-in-a-Box" at the Christmas Expo, along with my singing "Frosty the Snowman" animatronic. They'll both be performing in the vendor area for the first time! More info will be available soon at http://www.seasonsgreeters.net.

I'm really looking forward to the Expo, and I hope to see and meet many of you there!

- Mike Ziemkowski

post-9389-0-31319200-1404767499_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, I saw your video on the front page of Light o rama a few months ago, under featured videos. LOVE the snowman & Elves. I would love to add these to my display but out of my budget, I just wanted you to know I thought they were great!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad to hear you love them!

I wish I could have offered them at a lower price to meet more people's budgets, but the component costs and time involved in making them added up quick. If your budget ever increases… :)

Definitely out of my price range for sure, but they are beautifully done.   Even if they were within my budget, I wouldn't have a spot outside to use them, no covered porch or anything, and being in Florida, the character would have to be able to survive direct rainstorms.

That's the only thing that tends to puzzle me with items I see that say indoor/outdoor use, but then have limitations on being used outside in direct sun, rain or what ever weather conditions one may have and require being in a somewhat closed or weatherproofed area for use.

Definitely out of my price range for sure, but they are beautifully done.   Even if they were within my budget, I wouldn't have a spot outside to use them, no covered porch or anything, and being in Florida, the character would have to be able to survive direct rainstorms.

That's the only thing that tends to puzzle me with items I see that say indoor/outdoor use, but then have limitations on being used outside in direct sun, rain or what ever weather conditions one may have and require being in a somewhat closed or weatherproofed area for use.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them!

Regarding the weathering of the animatronics, before I started building them for sale, I used them in my display for quite a few years. We had a few rainy Christmases, and they were fine. I do shut down my display in a heavy downpour and cover up the animatronics, but I leave them going in a light rain. The Santa, sleigh and reindeer's been up on my roof now for 3 years, and they've never been covered up. The bright fabrics will fade over time, but it's like any painted thing you use in a display. I actually sprayed the dancing elves' pants a few years ago with Red fabric spray paint, and they look good as new. The best thing to do is place the animatronics under an awning or enclosure to protect them from the rain and heavy snow loads. 

Mike if I ever come into some extra ca$h, and just got rumour from a family member that might happen, just now sure how soon.

And if it does the first guy I'm going to be looking for is one of those beautiful dancing snowmen you have.   And if the inflow of the ca$h can cover it, definitely be looking at the "pro" version!

Thanks for the info about the weather.   I live in a box {mobile home}, no awnings, no porches, no overhangs, heck, it doesn't even have gutters! LOL

But I guess what I may do is have a nice large box built with a plexiglass cover and put the snowman in there, again, providing this rumor turns out to be true.   Keeping fingers crossed on that score!

Mike if I ever come into some extra ca$h, and just got rumour from a family member that might happen, just now sure how soon.

And if it does the first guy I'm going to be looking for is one of those beautiful dancing snowmen you have.   And if the inflow of the ca$h can cover it, definitely be looking at the "pro" version!

Thanks for the info about the weather.   I live in a box {mobile home}, no awnings, no porches, no overhangs, heck, it doesn't even have gutters! LOL

But I guess what I may do is have a nice large box built with a plexiglass cover and put the snowman in there, again, providing this rumor turns out to be true.   Keeping fingers crossed on that score!

Great! When the time comes, there'll be a snowman with your name on it!