Light-O-Rama Forums

Pex

Steelers95

I want to build an arche using ws2811 pixels and plan on using pex but im not sure if I should use 3/4 inch or 1 inch.

-Any ideas?

• Like 1

That's what I'm doing with mine this year

https://www.dropbox.com/s/726rx11573g9qez/Pixels%20in%20PEX.jpg

Here's how I did mine last year. I used 1" PEX

That's what I'm doing with mine this year. One question for both of you - what is the spacing between pixels, length of the arch, and number of pixels in each arch? I am currently planning on 50 pixels per arch with each arch about 10 feet long for a pixel spacing of about 2 1/2 inches. If I change it (especially the number of pixels per arch), it will mess up my sequencing big time!

Mine was 4" spacing. 25 pixels per arch. Arch was 3' high by 5' wide. I left about 4" on each side.

Mine are a little further apart, 4 1/4" I believe, my arches are larger then Ron's. I built my frames out of the old 1/2" schedule 40 from my old sleeves arches,

10 foot pieces with the sleeved ends cut off

I used about 8' of pex with 25 pixels per arch. Made with Rays 5 meter WS2811 strips. I did add back on one foot per end after a "T" connection. This made it possible to run the wires out of the "T".

I purchased 24" rebar, size to slide inside the PEX.  I pounded 1' into the ground.  That gave me plenty of support even with 50mph gusts we had this christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want strips without defusing   check out US Plastics (usplastics.com    Clear Extruded Square Acrylic Tubing  (7/8 ID works great for strips).  Comes in 6 ft lengths and is 66 cents per foot.  Nice and stiff, Easy to weatherproof on the ends (or even waterproof).

• Like 1