Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB set up

John (oldandslow)

I have LOR S3 with two CCR license and tried to configure 80 RGB channels but it will only do 26. Is it because I need a higher level license?

I have LOR S3 with two CCR license and tried to configure 80 RGB channels but it will only do 26. Is it because I need a higher level license?

A 2CCR license will support 300 cannels.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know why, when I try to convert the 80 channels to RGB it comes up I can only do 26?

If you're converting ordinary channels to RGB, it takes three ordinary channels to create one RGB channel, thus 80 divided by three comes out to 26.

Try inserting 80 RGB channels instead of converting ordinary channels.

I first inserted a dmx device 1 at the end of my sequence. I then converted it to a 80 channel group. I then tried to convert them to rgb. This is when I get the pop up box that says I can only do 26.

Can you please guide me to the correct way of doing this.

Thanks

John

Should be insert device (above or below). convert to RGB (240 channels) assign universe and convert to group if you prefer.  Select also convert " 80 " channels (this is nodes not channels).

you should end up with 80 nodes utilizing 240 channels.

I found a video by Harrison0550 that covers how to configure the network as well as putting rgb in your sequence..

Anyone that needs help getting started in rgb should view the video.

John

Should be insert device (above or below). convert to RGB (240 channels) assign universe and convert to group if you prefer.  Select also convert " 80 " channels (this is nodes not channels).

you should end up with 80 nodes utilizing 240 channels.

Thanks for the reply. I just did find the same answer that you gave and posted it.