Light-O-Rama Forums

Help - any ideas!

Steve Ott

I had taken the last year and half off from doing shows, and now am ready to get started again. I opened the sequence editor (ver 3.5 advanced), the main screen opened but nothing else did. I am using Win XP, and that little blue circle was just going around and around. Finally it said it was not responding. Had to go to task manager to close program. Happened every time I tried to open the editor.

Thought I needed to reload the software, so I also upgraded to Ver 3.11.2. Downloaded the software, installed it with no problem. However this version is doing the same thing. Only the initial main screen will open. The show scheduler, simple show builder, and all the others will open, just not the editor.  I do not know what to try at this point! Any ideas?

I had taken the last year and half off from doing shows, and now am ready to get started again. I opened the sequence editor (ver 3.5 advanced), the main screen opened but nothing else did. I am using Win XP, and that little blue circle was just going around and around. Finally it said it was not responding. Had to go to task manager to close program. Happened every time I tried to open the editor.

Thought I needed to reload the software, so I also upgraded to Ver 3.11.2. Downloaded the software, installed it with no problem. However this version is doing the same thing. Only the initial main screen will open. The show scheduler, simple show builder, and all the others will open, just not the editor. I do not know what to try at this point! Any ideas?

Uninstall the software first, then reinstall. If that doesn't work send me a PM with what version of software you installed, and I will get you a link to the LOR Registry Wipe program.

Also, I would get away from XP. It's no longer supported by Microsoft.

I have found the problem. I did not think it was a software problem so I kept looking at my system. I found an I/O error on my external hard drive which was causing the problem. Still do not understand how, but the sequence editor is now working properly. Thanks for the suggestions.