Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor - No preview?

levelbest

Ok, have loaded one of the musical sequences I bought with my unit. I have tested the hardware with the utility and it works.

When I hit play in the sequence editor - shouldn't it start the timeline rolling and the lights going or is there something I am missing.

I'm feeling very dumb right now even though I have read the instructions. Control Lights is checked.

musicdude wrote:

check to make shure you have an audio file go to "edit" then "audio file" and make shure its there because i didnt have one and it ook me forever to figure out why it wouldent play

Thanks - as dumb as it is going to sound - I figured it out and hope to save someone else problems by posting it here ;)

This was a brand new computer I was installing things on (that I built and had configured) and apparently I didn't install the sound card driver.

So, without the sound card, the show wouldn't run. Once installed BAM.

Silly me...

If what you are trying to do is to drive a controller from the Sequence Editor, I am not sure that works. I have never tried that. You can test the controller from the hardware utility. If you bought a sequence check to make sure the channel configuration in it fits your setup. Then create a short Show in the Show editor and try it out that way.

Actually, no problems driving the controller from the sequence editor. Not sure how else you would build your own show unless you could test it there.

Everything is working great now. I'm grinning from ear to ear.