Light-O-Rama Forums

Maximum Sequence Time?

CraigB

Is there a maximum sequence time for music? I have a mix that is about 15 minutes long.

Thanks,

Craig

I don't remember what the maximum is, but you should be okay. 

A 15-minute mix?  Are you sure about that?  Even with some top-notch sequencing that's asking a lot from viewers.

+1 ... Most won't have the attention span ... And a big mix isn't real flexible on your side either, just simple.

At 5 minutes, 50% if the audience is no longer paying attention.

At 8 minutes, 80%. Have started talking about unrelated subjects.

At 12 minutes, you're entire audience is texting or walking away.

These numbers are from my days in marketing and apply to videos or infomercials etc. They don't apply when people PAY to see stuff like a movie, concert, or play.

Want more fun facts? When people first walk through the door into a trade show, 60% will turn to the right.

Not sure if any of this applies to holiday lights outdoors in the cold, but I wouldn't want to mix a fifteen minute sequence myself anyway.

Autocorrect will be the death of me yet.

If you are putting a show on an SD card each song or medley must be under 10 min. long.

I have also found that channel count and the amount of sequencing (info) in a sequence has an effect on playability length. Computer power also plays some part but sequencer limitations are my issue.

After adding around 650 pixels or 1950 channels of RGB I am limited to 3 to 5 minutes and that required the memory patch for the sequencer.

Prior to adding the RGB I could easily run 9 to 12 min sequences on 96 channels.

Hope this helps

If you are putting a show on an SD card each song or medley must be under 10 min. long.

That was true of older versions of the mini-director and director. However, newer firmware has been out for at least 2 years (probably longer) that removes that limitation.