Light-O-Rama Forums

Are you On Schedule?

75redman

Are you On Schedule?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Are you On Schedule?

As we reach the half way mark,  how many of you are on schedule, ahead of schedule, or way behind?

I can tell you I'm a little behind.  Added RGB this year and it's taking a little longer to sequence. :o

Edited by 75redman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• Ron Boyd

• 75redman

• oilmoney

Ditto....Added Pixels and CCR's. Lessoned learned, its never to early to start. Not complaining at all though as I enjoy building the props, all the DIY for the Pixles and Sequencing. It will all be worth it in the end!

Just a little behind. The family medical deal we had over the last few months has put me behind. Each prop is about 75%-90% complete. I still have some soldering to complete on most of them. Prop Frames are complete, just need to attach pixels to them. I'm working on Frozen's, Let It Go, and it's taking a bit longer to complete than I originally thought. All in all, with the exception of finishing all the sequences, I'm almost on schedule.

It's getting toward the time that I'll wish all good luck with their shows this year. With the amount of folks adding Pixels and other RGB items, as far as I'm concerned, it's going to be spectacular. I hope everybody has the same or even better success than me. Last year, since I was almost all RGB, the comments and visitors way out-did the previous years. I actually had folks lined up to see the show. Talk about putting a smile on your face.

So, Good luck all. May your Incans, LEDs and RGBs shine brightest of all this year. Be safe during set-up especially on roofs and ladders. I now raise a toast to Christmas smiles to come.

Happy Lighting in 2014.

Ron

12 mini trees complete

3 mini tree stands complete

1 donation box 75% complete

12 4CH cord bundles complete

1 song 90% complete

2 songs 75% complete

Still have 2 or 3 more songs, singing face, 64 CH arch structure ( carport ) and a 48CH " light wall " to go. Better buy more lights!

All sequences (4) written. Shooting star assembly complete. "Dual" singing face complete (both male and female on same prop). Just now starting on my RGB tree. 

Oh......................and still lots to do. Christmas is right around the corner!

Ahead of schedule, see how long that lasts.

5 songs complete, others in progress.

Candy cane spinner 90% complete, just need to make SPT wires

CCP arches complete and tested

Singing dancing Olaf built and tested

Ahhh, the age old question.

For me I have a set of plans and as the year advances I see new items and plans have to change. I am on schedule for planned additions but too many new things are coming up and I have to fit it in. So far so good.

Sequencing is ever growing too. As new songs come out, I scramble and sequence for the new hits. I added faces for Christmas this year and trying to add them to some of last year's songs as well as adding new songs. Superstar really helps for the yard but it is no help with faces.

Halloween, which is my biggest show, is really close. But I know it will work out in the end even if I don't add everything I hoped too.

My kids ask me if I ever just don't sequence or plan for the lights. Truth is you can't and expect to make the timeline. I started this Halloween's show while the Christmas lights were going. Year round is what it takes to keep it new and fresh.

Well I am finished.............. That is I am in the swimming pool tile repair and cleaning business and raising three now teenaged granddaughters after such a brutal winter and the girls ALWAYS needing to go somewhere or an awards banquet, meetings...ect  I have been so swamped and exhausted. When I get home, that I have not been able to do anythong towards my plans.am going to have to do a repeat of last year. (I dislike that) I had planned on adding a 10' 12 channel per color Red, White & Blue plus green spiral tree inside my 20' mega tree. Red, White & Blue plus green on the ridges of the house broken into 4 sections, and 8 Red, White & Blue plus green mini trees. I missed the LOR sale and I needed 7 controllers. I know those of you doing the math I just added 6 controllers of items, but last year I added so much I had to borrow a controller from Santa Helper (Thanks again!) I know as Christmas gets closer I will (I MUST) add and refine songs and sequences. I just don't see getting the needed lights and controllers to do all the other things I want to do.

Papa

I can say I'm on schedule because when 5:30 PM on Thanksgiving gets here I'm finished - regardless of how many unfinished projects (that only I know about) remain undone.  We're only adding a few new props this year and those are in various stages of being finished.  We have a few existing props we're switching out from incans to LEDs but if those don't get finished no one will even notice and I can finish them next year.  I don't need to make any new extension cords, and only need to make half a dozen or so new comm cables.  I'm waiting on this year's light order to arrive, and also waiting on new enclosures to get here so I can complete a few more controllers.  As for songs, I'm adding just 7 or eight new ones, and we've decided to only upgrade a maximum of 30 others.  (Although we've only begun "discussing" which 30 I'll be upgrading.)  Three and a half months to go before setup begins...

Edited by George Simmons

Basically no I am not on schedule at all,  nevertheless I am not worried about it. I will go static if I need too as I will have a display.

Edited by lightzilla

I can tell you I'm a little behind.  Added RGB this year and it's taking a little longer to sequence. :o

Ditto to that. Added RGB this year too. (Unless you count the CCF used mostly for halloween) So far, this years purchases consist of 3 Sets of CCBs and 8 strings of RGB dumb Nodes. Our channel count went from exactly 42 to around 1000 in one year! As you can see I have alot of sequencing to do, not to mention the Cutting, splicing, and testing of all the new lights.

-Chris-

Edited by cgreenfield

I too am a little behind.  Had some health issues with 2 of the trees in my yard that are kind of a big part of the show, so now that I have decided they are not going to make it and I have to take them out :(, I can go forward with the sequencing.  I hate having to re- channel every song so I make sure that I'm 85% sure with the first one before exporting to the next song.  This means I have a few extra channels so I'm thinking more arches this year.  It may be Half Christmas Day today, but as we all know the Show Goes On Way Before That.  I love this job.

Way behind. Just finished soldering the connectors on 16 pixel strings from Ray-Wu that were shipped without factory connectors. 1200 bulbs to be screwed into 1200 adapters to be screwed over (hah ha he said screwed over) 1200 pixel nodes. Props yet to be built.

New controller issues and all the pains of learning RGB, DMX, E1.31, controller configurations, nutcracker, sequencing. going from 96 channels to over 2400. 

My head is spinning and the learning curve is taking it's toll.

I love it

I'm a little behind on Christmas, only 4 more mini trees to string with lights. But on the other hand I have a lot of sequencing to do. Going to 112 channels from 64 and changing props so everything is pretty much start completely over. 4th of July show is ready to be set up this weekend and run for a week. Halloween faces are on hold until next year.

Way, Way behind in fact I really haven't worked on it since Feb. got house project going on ( new windows, and siding and just bought a new truck last Fri.) on the plus side I do have lots of new lights and over 4400' of extension cords, and got a new argon tank for the wire feed. I guess I will see how it goes. Right now everyone is expecting me to donate to their firework display. ( they even made me a host) I thinking the $400.00 they want from me could better be spent on controllers.

Been working/playing pretty solid on this for a few months now.

Been sequencing on my non-RGB configuration and will port over to RGB here later this summer.

Not as far along as I usually am, but I'll make it.

This year has been busy with other projects and major landscaping changes coming up.  Too many things that are undecided that I can't plan on lights right now.  Probably will be static this year. 

As a newbie this was going to be my first yr with 32 ch LOR AND 2-27 ch DMX boards(ray wu). I was fairly on schedue. A few sequences needed to be tightened up,a couple props needed to be completed. Still needed to order some extra strings of lights. BUT!! Unfortunatly my father inlaw is not well and most likely will not be with us this holiday season( but I hope he will be as he would really enjoy this). So I'm putting things on hold untill?? Most Likely next season. :(