Light-O-Rama Forums

Real time Viewer interaction via mobile device

charlottedad

I am interested in allowing viewers of my display to interact in real time with my display via smartphone. Has anyone ever attempted this? Specifically allowing them to see which songs are available, allow them to select which one comes next, and seeing statistics on which songs have been the most popular. Any suggestions on getting this accomplished would be very much appreciated.

Not sure if the LOR software will allow this or if it needs to be done outside of it altogether.

Thanks Doug     Here is an intro video about MIIP  

I noticed there are some new features which are missing from this video.    Will update it in the next month or so.

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 2

This is great.  It is exactly what I was looking for and since I do not know how to do all the programming stuff this looks like a perfect solution.

I will download it and start learning how to get it working.  I look forward to seeing the updated video for the other functions.  Not sure if you are planning any updates but if you are perhaps a user feedback for display improvements the next year would be helpful or perhaps a way for the viewers to post their comments via twitter or facebook.

I am planning to set up a webpage for my display this year and hopefully raise some money for a local charity.  I think this feature will help to spread the word.

Hi Bob. This looks like a great idea. Just wondering though, if input triggers like the LOR Input pup would still work?

The data sheet of the input pup says that

The LOR Hardware Utility program is used to configure the switch types

but it would need the show editor to assign the sequence for the trigger. As MIIP doesn't appear to run the show editor. (Do I have that right?)So then, can the MIIP assign the sequence for the trigger?  

Cheers

John