Light-O-Rama Forums

Update on S3 conversion?

Gary Levelius

Been a couple weeks now and wonder how the conversion/update of S3 is proceeding.

-Gary-

Moderator: Delete the topic for S# conversion. Slight miss-spelling :)

It's Friday and Dan stated he would have updates every Friday.  Maybe we will get an update today?

I'm willing to cut Dan a great deal of slack with online updates.  There's even a discussion over whether he meant he'd give us an update every week, or every two weeks.  I'm still OK with that.

However, if you are going to tell us that we'll see regular updates, then post regular updates and stick to what you said.  No one is asking for the software to be completed in a week.  But I myself, and I'll bet a great deal of others here, look at the latest post date of the very first thread on the forums hoping that there will be an update today.  It's the first place I look when I log on.  As of this morning, the last update from Dan was June 1st.

Even an update that read "made some progress this week" is perfectly legitimate. 

So, Dan...you promised.  Please, give us a few words.

dave

It might be me fooling myself, but there is something on the way.

In one of the last posts of ItmeBob-o it says betaversion.

anyone did  notice this too?

Dick

The Nethetherlands

post-7676-0-72708400-1403363499_thumb.jp

Although I am a BIG fan of LOR software and hardware and there hardware customer service. There is and has been for a number of years a MAJOR breakdown in communications and communication commitments. 

Dan did nave an update today.(3 weeks + from the last every Friday update) . 

LOR has NO requirement to let us know anything in advance, and I fully understand that, but a commitment is a commitment. 

It is good to hear that LOR is continuing to advance, 

I want very much to continue my relationship with LOR and need to know that they are keeping up with the needs of there customers and are committing to following through on there commitments and progress.

Edited by jerrymac

It might be me fooling myself, but there is something on the way.

In one of the last posts of ItmeBob-o it says betaversion.

anyone did  notice this too?

Dick

The Nethetherlands

I think you are fooling yourself on this one. ItsMeBobO doesn't work for LOR. He writes 3rd party software that works with LOR.

I think you are fooling yourself on this one. ItsMeBobO doesn't work for LOR. He writes 3rd party software that works with LOR.

Correct.  There are only 2 core Showtime Developers:  they are Bob (that's his full user name) and myself (DevMike).  

I used to make it a point to pop in every couple of days and try to keep users in the loop about software development, but I no longer do that.  The only one who speaks for the development team now is Dan.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is oh so quiet on the progress front....

Can we get regular updates again?  Shouldn't be too painful guys...

I'm locked and loaded on the LOR version I plan to use for this year. Any updates that are coming conversion/pixel I'm interested in for next year. I really would be hesitant in taking a major update close to the light season.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't count on it this year. There may be an update but nothing significant for rgb. Probably just bug fixes.