Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple 3 segment display element-Need suggestions please.

charlottedad

I currently use LOR controllers for my Halloween and Christmas displays but this year I am adding a few objects that will be independent of the main display.

The task at hand is illuminating the object using motion sensors and having it illuminate in 3 timed segments both forward and then after a dwell time of about 5seconds reverse the illumination to off again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach the electrical side of this.  I think I have the construction part solved just falling short on a simple solution for the electrical side.

You need to look at light o rama's input pup controller for external triggers

Edited by Dennis Laff

I looked at the LOR input PUP and it looks like that might work in hooking up the motion sensors but that would mean running long cables up to the second floor from outside to control the devices and I assume that this would also require using some of the channels on the LOR controller to tie the output channels to the input trigger of the PUP.

If I am understanding this incorrectly please correct me.

ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT THERE TO AVOID THESE ISSUES?

The input pup is connected just like any other controller with a cat 5 cable the triggers are wired to the input pup. what the triggers turn on are controlled by the show editor . so each trigger turns on a sequence of whatever you programmed

Dennis,

If the controller is being used for a display that is set-up for running a show with music and the triggers are initiated will they function simultaneously and independent of the show allowing the musical portion to keep running?

GO TO THE SHOW EDTIOR THEN CLICK ON INTERACTIVE THEN CLICK ON THE PLUS SIGN IT WILL GIVE YOU THREE CHOCES HOW TO RUN SEQUENCE WITH THE INPUT PUP TRIGGERS