Light-O-Rama Forums

wireless mouse issues any time LOR hardware/sequence running

gwallman1

My PC sits in one room.  I've run monitor cables through the walls and into a dual-TV setup in the basement (have used this setup for 4 or 5 years now).  Therefore, I can't sit next to the PC.  So I use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Everything functions fine, until I have either the LOR Hardware Utility or Sequence Editor open.  If one of them are open, the mouse gets very jumpy and only responds intermittently.  Many times, I have to click 5 or more times before the Hardware/Sequence recognizes it.  Moving the mouse around sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, but when it does, the pointer is very jumpy.

I've tried plugging various things into different USB ports, disconnecting peripherals I'm not actively using, putting new batteries in the mouse, etc.  I'm also only a couple of feet from the receiver/antenna that picks up the keyboard and mouse.

Since everything runs fine except only with LOR is running, it would appear these items are conflicting with eachother...almost as if they are fighting for the same PC resources.  Anyone else run into this type of issue and if so, have any suggestions?  The jumpiness and intermittent nature of the mouse makes it highly frustrating, if not nearly impossible, to actually perform any tasks within the LOR suite.

Thanks.

Are you controlling any CCP or CCB's?

Yes, I'm getting started with CCPs (2 units with 2 strings of 50 bulbs each), so going through Hardware Utility to set unit ids, etc and then SuperStar and Sequence Editor to play around and learn how to program them.