Light-O-Rama Forums

How to automatically assign channels

Robert Burton

I have pixel mega tree that I am adding to my display this year. It will have 24 legs with 40 pixels per leg. Is there a way to add to an existing sequence without manually having to go in and set every channel by hand? Has to be a easy way to do this :-)

I am running S3 Advanced WITHOUT the Superstar add on.

• 1 month later...

I am running into some problems using Vegomatic.  I have a 16 string, 50 node megatree. So in Vegomatic, I have 16C x 50R, 0 folds, Position - bottom, left, network type - DMX, Univ01, left strings per universe to default of 10.  What I get when I import this to LOR is the first universe has 510 channels, universe 2 has 90, U3 has 510, U4 has 90....   So every other universe has only 90 channels. I am expecting each universe to have 510.  What am I doing wrong?

Check the Continuous box.  This will use up all 510 and go back to 1 in the middle of a string.  Not all controllers can handle this.   The pixnet box means to use all 512 which splits a pixel between universes.   If you are ok with some DMX channels left unused, then set the strings per universe to 3 which will use 1-450   on 5 univ and 1-150 on the 6th.

Thanks Bob - checking the Continuous box did the trick and worked perfectly for E682 controller.  Appreciate the help.