Light-O-Rama Forums

What does your animation window look like?

Push Eject

I just downloaded 2.0 and although I was super hesitant it is running flawlessly on my sequencing computer.

As I set it up I find myself looking for inspiration on the animation window. I ran out and took a shot of the house for a background and am faced with the task of redrawing my lights to match.

Here's mine with my old 1.6 light layout NOT matched up to the picture:

aniwind1.png

What have you done? Let's see your window.

Cheers,
Charlie

Richard,

I think I'm going to have to have a "personal" moment after viewing your Stars on your front wall. (Assuming the s-curve is stars, and that they will chase, etc.)

I didn't take the step of adding a picture in ... but, now wishing that I did.

Also, can someone tell me how to take a screen shot and post it ... I only do that once a year and cannot seem to remember.

Thanks,

T.

Hey Push eject,

My first thought on the first picture was you may have been partaking a little to much of that beverage you make. ;) I was wondering if you did the second one with one eye shut. LOL

Ah just kidding with you, I think it looks great and what a nice feature that is to have.
One of these days I'll play with that but right now I'm a little behind schedule with the lights.

So do they move when you play the sequence?

Ted

Tom B. wrote:

Richard,

I think I'm going to have to have a "personal" moment after viewing your Stars on your front wall. (Assuming the s-curve is stars, and that they will chase, etc.)

I didn't take the step of adding a picture in ... but, now wishing that I did.

Also, can someone tell me how to take a screen shot and post it ... I only do that once a year and cannot seem to remember.

Thanks,

T.

Hit the printscreen button which copies it to the clipboard and then paste it into your favorite graphics program (I use photoshop). You may be able to paste it into MSPAINT.

Here is a shot of the 14 snowflakes. Each one has a channel and will produce a falling snowflake effect.

snowflakes-mockup.jpg

Richard, GREAT idea having the 2D area as well as the photo -- best of both worlds! Visualizing a mega tree seems to work so much better in 2D.

Tom B., yes, alt+prn srcn then paste (Paint works fine - you can then crop and 'save as').

tallan, yeah, it's just like the normal LOR animation window only you have a background you can draw on.

C'mon guys, let's see your LOR II animation windows.

Cheers!
Charlie

I really like the stars falling idea. I may have to borrow that in some form for 2008.

And, is that a VW bus I see in the driveway? Very cool !!!

richardh wrote:

Here is mine. I created a graphic where the bottom part was a black area so I could draw out objects like my megatree in more detail.

Haven't gone up to LORII yet.

But here's a tip:

1) Take night-time photo on tripod with lights on
2) Take second photo on tripod in same spot with lights off or at a very dim level

Use the first photo to help you trace your actual lights. Then swap it for the second photo when done.

LightsByGreg wrote:

mcascio wrote:
But here's a tip:

I guess that would work if you had the lights up already, or if you took a pic from last year. Good idea!

Greg

Yeah - even though I haven't done it for this year...I plan to take the photos so I can next year.

Note to self, although it sounds cool to add some black space at the bottom of your picture like RichardH it may result in redrawing your animation window:
aniwind3.png

:)

Good thing I have this robust porter carbonated and ready to drink.

Cheers,
Charlie

Jeff Millard wrote:

That's beautiful, tsrail!!!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I look forward to the day when we can get 352 channels in there, as well!

Tom

tsrail wrote:

48 channel indoor display at our Church goes up on Saturday. Here is the planned "animation" layout.

Awesome!!!!!!

Amazing layout and placement. Do you get to sync to the organ? That would be so cool!

--Daniel L

daniel wrote:

tsrail wrote:
48 channel indoor display at our Church goes up on Saturday. Here is the planned "animation" layout.

Awesome!!!!!!

Amazing layout and placement. Do you get to sync to the organ? That would be so cool!

--Daniel L

Yes - Last year we did one offertory "live" light show during a Sunday service. I used the LORvis program, with another Windows MediaPlayer Line-In plug in, and piped the organ into my laptop, through WindowsMedia & LORVis, and onto the 16channel LOR controller.

Gimmicky? Yes - but it was cool watching the colors on the trees react as our organist played.

I'm considering trying some MIDI options this year to sync with the organ. (Our organist is AWESOME, and very traditional -- but having him try to play to a presequenced Animation would be challenging.)