Light-O-Rama Forums

G2 MP3 playing problem

Bob Eastman

I am trying to get a new G3 MP3 player working. I ran a animation sequence and it runs fine. But when I run a musical sequence the sound works but the lights don't. the sequences worked fine on my old MP3 player. Any suggestions?

One thing I can think of is if the sequences you have only use one network and you're trying to use both RJ45 jacks. On the LOR MP3 tab, after pressing the <create show> button, DO NOT check the check box in Step 3 that says "SD card is for NEW G3 dual network player". Checking that box sets baud rates for both jacks (which can be different)  and enables both Network 1 and Network 2, each on its own jack.  If your show is created with only one network, only those devices connected to the Network 1 jack will function. Leaving that check box unchecked will leave off the baud rate file on the SD card, causing the G3 director to function just like the old G2 director where both network jacks will be Network 1.

-Gary-

Edited by Gary Levelius

Bob,

I had the same problem. I haven't dug into the problem yet, however, I built a simple sequence and used the simple show builder to build and xfer to the card. Popped it in and it worked as expected. Try the SSB to see if you get results.

Mark C.

I worked with Mike at Light O Rama and the problem turned out to be with S3 version 3.11.2(needs a fix)

Bob

I worked with Mike at Light O Rama and the problem turned out to be with S3 version 3.11.2(needs a fix)

Bob

Double check what was written in the ticket. It was an old firmware on the MP3 director, not the LOR software.

Edited by Don

I have gotten the overflow error now on two different sequences.. One I was able to make work by cut and paste into another sequence.. the other not so much.. not sure how I am going to fix that one.

Double check what was written in the ticket. It was an old firmware on the MP3 director, not the LOR software.

Actually, he's right, there is a problem with 3.11.2, and it's not the firmware.  Bob and I have been speaking on the phone and isolated the issue that way.  Thank goodness he was patient with me! :)

We've traced the problem back, but we are still working on how to release the fix.  3.12.0 will definitely fix the issue, but we may not be able to port that fix back to something in the 3.11.x framework.

So far, it's a very specific set of circumstances that must all come together at once.

I have gotten the overflow error now on two different sequences.. One I was able to make work by cut and paste into another sequence.. the other not so much.. not sure how I am going to fix that one.

This sounds like a different problem.  Please open a trouble ticket so we can help you.

Actually, he's right, there is a problem with 3.11.2, and it's not the firmware.  Bob and I have been speaking on the phone and isolated the issue that way.  Thank goodness he was patient with me! :)

You should update the ticket then. :)

We've traced the problem back, but we are still working on how to release the fix.  3.12.0 will definitely fix the issue, but we may not be able to port that fix back to something in the 3.11.x framework.

So far, it's a very specific set of circumstances that must all come together at once.

This sounds like a different problem.  Please open a trouble ticket so we can help you.

Mine may well be a different problem.  Mine was an animation sequence both times.  I will do the ticket.