Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I missing something?

Lynn77

I recently purchased a LOR Controller with the 11.2 Basic software.

I've been attempting to work on my first sequence of a song.

There's no way to pause the song when doing any sequence. There's no pause button in the software!

Once you hit stop, either play button start's the song at the beginning again.

This is a pain when trying to do a sequence!

Is LOR just too cheap and want you to purchase more expensive software for a pause button?

Or am I just missing something?

I also wanted to try Beat wizard but it doesn't work either without different software?

thanks for any input!

You would be missing something.

Space bar will stop/start a sequence from your current location.

Play -> Play Range will let you adjust what part of the sequence plays when you hit the play button.

The Beat Wizard is Basic Plus and higher. See chart.

"Space bar will stop/start a sequence from your current location"

I tried this & did not work for me

Mike

Make sure the Sequence Editor is the active pane on your desktop.

"Space bar will stop/start a sequence from your current location"

I tried this & did not work for me

Mike

I don't know if this is the way it's done, but I move the mouse to the section of the time scale. While holding down the left mouse button, I move it across the scale to where I want to stop and release the left mouse botton and it will high light that section. Then hit the space bar and it will play the highlighted section, or it the space bar before it ends at the highlighted section and it will stop.

To add to what George said, just click anywhere on the grid and it will make it the active pane on your desktop. Then use the space bar.

I don't think I would want to bash the software provider in my second post though, especially before trying to get an answer for your question. Just a thought. 

• Like 3

In Sequence Editor click on the PLAY tab opening the drop down menu, hover over PLAY RANGE, this will show you options to set including VISIBLE SCREEN which I find very useful as I sequence. Space Bar pause doesn't work when you have Visualizer set as always on top when playing.

Edited by dbltrukr1

I don't think I would want to bash the software provider in my second post though, especially before trying to get an answer for your question. Just a thought. 

Agreed.  Not the best approach to problem-solving in my experience.

• Like 2

I tried your answer and yes, it works. My space bar will pause the song after you click the mouse ( left or right click) in the grid area. Hitting the space bar again re-starts the song.

If this is explained in the help section, then I overlooked it. 

If I hurt any feelings with the software author, I apologize.

But I still feel there needs to be a pause button.

Without asking this question..... I don't know if I would have ever figured it out.

Thanks very much for you help!

Thanks for the link about the space bar.. I printed it out & booked marked it for future reference.

I see you have over 3000 post.

You probably know about 3000 times more than I do about the software.

I'm attempting to make a singing face for Christmas. I'm glad I have 7 more months!

It's a learning experience for me!

I never felt the need for a pause button. As others have mentioned I use the play visible screen option. If I may add, It's worth the price to upgrade the software to get the beat wizard.

I use play visible also ... Then .zoom in or out as needed to mKe bigger or smaller. Space bar pauses as mentioned .