Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel coming on when not programmed too???

Chad Wasinger

After a days worth of troubleshooting, I'm still not have any luck finding the problem with the one channel.

Tonight I have been playing the show and watching the channel that is erratic at times, then when it's programmed to come on it's fine, only when it's not suppose to be on is it giving me troubles.... I cannot find a anything out of the norm that is causing this..

My Question: I have one channel that is coming on and off, like it's following the programming of another channel (Almost). But when I go into the hardware side of LOR and turn the channel on by it's self, it works as it should. When I run the show, it acts like its following it's programming and then all the sudden follows something else????

Any Idea's??

I've double checked the programming and channel/unit ID, cycled power to the units, flashed firmware, and also reset unit ID.

This is the only channel out of 96 channels that's doing it.

Could it be a hardware issue??

My guess would be that you have a second sequencer row set to that physical channel by accident, and the two rows are vying for control of the same circut.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

My guess would be that you have a second sequencer row set to that physical channel by accident, and the two rows are vying for control of the same circut.

-Tim

Tim,

Case Closed...

Your 'vying for control of the same channel' made a light bulb go off in my head. I stupidly had a channel for some odd reason programmed to the same thing. Sad thing is, I've went through the channel line up several times and just went right pass the causing the fits. Keep focusing on the bad channel and not looking at the whole picture.

Anyway, fixed the programming error and everything is moving quite nicely!!

LOR is Good Stuff!!

Thanks for the Light Bulb Tim!