Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Minisota Christmas Event

Tim Fischer

Hi all -

In case you haven't heard, we're planning on the annual 2014 MiniSota Christmas event on Saturday June 14.  This year the event will be hosted by PlymouthLights in Plymouth (16700 33rd Ave N).  If you're in the area, we'd love to have you.  If you've never been, the events tend to be rather informal but a lot of good information is shared, and plenty of good conversation and fun takes place.  Planned topics included various sequencing software options, pixel control, general decorating techniques, and plenty of other conversations. 

As far as the schedule goes, let's planning on gathering for coffee & donuts around 8:30, maybe getting some 'official' business going around 9:30, we'll break for lunch, then plan on going into the afternoon until everyone decides they've had enough (historically we've usually gone until 3 or 4pm if I recall correctly).

For those of you who said they'd present something, could you please contact me or reply here so I know you're still planning on it? And if anyone else wants to jump in and do something, let me know too. Thanks much!

-Tim

And if anyone needs a map, click on the Plymouth Lights link in Tim's signature and one might magically appear.

Tim - I'm still in for doing the LOR software/sequencing tutorial. 

If there's anything specific that someone would like me to cover, please let Tim or me know.

See y'all on the 14th!

If there are any vendors or individuals that would like to donate some door prizes in exchange for some exposure to those at the MINI, please PM me.  Thanks!

This Saturday is the "big event"! Directions can be found here: http://www.plymouthlights.com/map.htm

We'll start socializing around 8:30 and get going 'officially' around 9 or 9:30 probably. This one's going to be really informal as I just haven't had as much time as I'd hoped to pull things together. But I think it should still be a lot of fun and there will be information shared I hope - I'm depending on all of you for that!

Here's what I have for an informal agenda (not necessarily in this order):

Introduction roundtable, what's new with your display, etc.
HLS: Gary
LOR: George Simmons
LSP: Mike
Vixen+: Ernie
Vixen 2: Brian
Dave: Renzilla
Anything anyone else would like to discuss

We'll have coffee and donuts in the morning, and lunch will be provided. A few vendors have also stepped up with some door prizes we'll draw for.

Bring along your display items you'd like to share/show off/get feedback on/have us drool over. Display pictures/videos are also welcome.

Thanks and hope to see many of you on Saturday.

• The topic was locked