Light-O-Rama Forums

My Father

Ralph D

A lot of you who know me, Know my father has always played a big part in my life and also know over the last 8 years he has been fighting to keep his health. Well at 130am Saturday morning 5-24-2014 today also being his birthday, My father has lost his battle and has pasted away. I just can't even put the words together to say anything more then this. I just wanted to let my friends know. 

Ralph

Ralph, you know my feelings on this. When you feel up to it, give me a shout. Prayers for you and yours as always my friend. Keep your head up buddy.

Lost my father last Father's Day from a long, hard fought illness. God bless you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

My father is 86 and still healthy but we all know its just a matter of time. Eventually we all will feel the loss as you have. Our hearts are with you and your family.

Condolences.

My dad passed in 1997.

There isn't a day that goes by that I am not thinking of him.

I feel he is always watching.

Anytime I grab a tool which used to belong to him, I always thank him for letting me use it.

You will find that moving forward he will always be with you.

Even though you don't get the face time, you can still talk to him.

If he taught you well, you will already know the answers to the questions which you want to ask him.

Ralph,

10 years ago my father passed away from kidney failure at the age of 59. He was my best fried and I miss hi terribly. He loved Christmas and lights. When I was a kid I coulnd't wait until we got that old box of C9 lights out of the garage.

This is my first year doing LOR and I do it in part to honor my dad. Sequence one of his favorite songs and know he is smiling every time he sees it!

Stay stong! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Eric

Sorry for your loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father in a sudden accident. I know the times ahead will be tough , hang in there

Hi everyone,

Like everyone he was my best friend, well he didn't love christmas lights as much as me, he loved it for me. he was a is a great man. crazy how time goes so fast. but he was so sick for so long, NO one should have to go through what he did. So I start to move forward not forgetting him but buy honing his life and being happy I had time to get to know him. It hurts every second, but first thought is stay strong for my mom and my family. 

So thank you everyone for your support and notes. it means the world to me.

• The topic was locked