Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing colors on RGB channels

Beaver State Rich

OK, this is probably a stupid question but I know I'm missing something to do this the easy way.

I am adding DMX this year to the show. Switching 10 of my can lights to RGB floods.  (yeah!)

I created 10 new RGB channels in my existing show and copied and pasted the existing LOR channel sequences to the RGB chanels.  It works except for one thing, all colors are just red.  I get that the original LOR channel was just one and the RGB is 3 with red being the first one.  I want to go and change the colors throughout the song but it looks like I have to change each pixel individually???? There has to be some way to just select a section and change the "on" colors to another color.   While labor intensive I could click each individual square but part of my sequence has 1/2 squares filled in so it will make the whole thing choppy. 

Thoughts?

Normal channel is just one output, RGB is 3. So when you do this copy paste you will get only one color. You can get red, green or blue easy enough, you could also combine 2. By using copy paste each row and placing them where you want for the correct color. You can get creative with copy paste or you can redo each section using the color fade tool.

Now, changing colors on the fly in the middle of songs...well that is easily done in superstar. Superstar also makes it easy to change timings. Superstar will work now and you can check it for free...you just can't export the sequence until you have a license.

When you pasted you got red because you were pasting from a single channel into a RGB channel which is 3 channels. The one channel fell into the first channel of RGB, the red one.

You can use the color picker in the LOR sequence editor to choose colors. Once you've picked the color (actually 2 colors since it will fade from one to the other, and if you want it to be just the same you have both colors be the same) you click on the blocks of your sequence to turn that RGB channel to the color you want.

14253627495_c6eed66a9c_z.jpg

Thanks for the help.  I guess the manual recolor each block is the way to go.  I was hoping there was an easy way to just select all "ON" colors and re-color them vs. clicking every cell.  Thank goodness I only have a 9.5 minute show.

Thanks for the help.  I guess the manual recolor each block is the way to go.  I was hoping there was an easy way to just select all "ON" colors and re-color them vs. clicking every cell.  Thank goodness I only have a 9.5 minute show.

Click every cell? You can highlight entire blocks of cells and change the color. 

Have cells that are two different colors? Sounds like multiple timing grids in play. Simply change to the other timing grid and make the changes.