Light-O-Rama Forums

Wiring order on Ray Wu C7 Technicolor Pixels

howardcbob

I purchased a set of 50 C7 DC5V 5050 SMD WS2811 LED Technicolor Pixels from Ali Express and they did not come with the input wires marked. Does anybody know how to identify the order of the positive, negative and data wires. 

See attached web page for more information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Technicolor Wiring.txt

I would suggest you e-mail Ray and ask him.  He will be happy to help you.  Go straight to the source.

Yes Sir, I did but I have been waiting weeks for all my new hardware to arrive and was excited about getting started this weekend and was hoping someone else could help.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have some of these, well the model before these ones and they died after the first night of use. I belive the new technicolour range to be much better. Do not order from this link. this is for wiring digram only.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50nodes-DC12V-WS2811-LED-technicolor-pixel-waterproof-full-color/701799_922175400.html

And just in case the above link gets removed here is a screen capture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtgex89qp7n16ep/Screenshot%202014-04-27%2022.41.08.png

Be careful when wiring these up. Be sure to follow the direction of the arrow to supply power data and ground. Always turn off power supply before connecting leads to power or you will blow leds!

Hope this helps.

I did talk to Ray and he sent me the same picture with the wire marked. But be careful the pigtail that has the wires marked is on the outlet side of the light. So if you turn the light to the inlet side the D+ and NEG are reversed, I think. Not sure, because my network switch was delayed and I'm not sure how to use an old wireless router as a switch. So, I'll have to wait another day before I can hook up my lights. This is as bad as a kid looking at his presents under the Christmas Tree.

Thanks for you input. I'm just a beginner with RGB and appreciate any help.

• 4 months later...

stumbled upon this while verifying what I was doing....DO NOT FOLLOW THOSE PHOTOS, they are wrong!  First the photo shows the pins swapping from beginning to end.  If you keep a complete string without cutting anything...NOTHING changes.  AS you look at the end of the first pixel and the arrow is pointing away from you.  On your left is G, middle Data and Right Voltage.  Ground is the side with the arrow.  NOW...after the first pixel from what I understand, the wiring changes.  I haven't cut one yet so I wont state what order it is.

I was testing my TC's this evening and had one bad pixel out of 600, so I can report the order.  As stated above, if you do NOTHING and plug in.  Order is, the side with the arrow/GROUND, center is Data and the side with WS2811 is V+.  IF YOU CUT the first pixel out, the wiring changes.  The side with the arrow is now DATA, the center is GROUND and the side with WS2811 remains V+

LOTS of people posting on this right now...

• The topic was locked