Light-O-Rama Forums

7th Annual Virginia Mini

Andy Anderson

The 7th annual Virginia Mini will be held on Saturday May 17, 2014.  Matthew Stterwhite has graciously offered to host the mini this year.  The location will be Hanover Academy located at 115 Frances Road in Ashland, VA 23005.  Hanover Academy is just off I95 in Ashland which is on the north side of Richmond.

The minis are an exellent opportunity to meet with other Christmas lighting enthusiasts to share ideas, design plans, implementation, sequencing or just to meet others with the same goals in Christmas lighting displays.

Anyone who would be willing to talk for a few minutes on a dsiplay element they have made, design tips, sequencing or anything else you would like to share with the group please let me or Matthew Satterwhite know.

We will provide drinks.  Like last year we are asking everyone to bring some food to share with the group for lunch.  Cost will be $5 per person to pay for use of the building. 

Further details will be announced later.  We will start with a meet and greet about 11:00 AM with lunch at noon.  Then start the mini at 1:00 PM and be over about 4:00 PM

Matthew and I look forward to seeing everyone.

Andy Anderson

Just under three weeks until the Virginia mini.  We will start with an informal meet and greet and 11:00 AM.  If you want to get there earlier we will be starting setup at about 10.

We want to allow time for everyone attending to introduce themselves and tell us about their favorite display item.  We want to give you a heads up so you can prepare to either bring the element or take pictures or videos and describe the details of how you built it and how it works. 

Matthew and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at the mini.

• 2 weeks later...

We are happy to welcome the following as sponsors of the Virginia Mini.  A big thank you to these sponsors

3G Lighting Creations

Christmas Done Bright

Light O Rama

Supratec? Christmas LEDs

Hi Andy, I was just wondering if any of the above sponsors will have any representatives at the VA Mini?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Andy, I was just wondering if any of the above sponsors will have any representatives at the VA Mini?

Thanks,

Al

Unfortunately no.  They will be providing us some literature about their products and some door prizes. 

Hi Andy,

I had a real good time at the Mini this past weekend. I have never been to a mini and it was fun being in a relaxed setting talking to other Christmas Light enthusiasts. I learned some things and enjoyed hearing people's stories. And Paul...it's a good thing I am no where NEAR your bakery. Your cupcakes and brownies were AWESOME!! If I have anything new next year I'll probably try and make it down there again. Thanks Andy and Matt for hosting and thanks to the vendors who sponsored it.

Later,

Al