Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad grab sale. what a disappointment!

us66lor

Thanks LOR for even having this sale :).

People want to complain if they didn't get what they wanted, but what they don't understand is you didn't have to have the sale to begin with.

Wake up People LOR don't have to put these things on sale.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulXmas

• LOR Staff

• George Simmons

• MikeERWNC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish people would read before they do, buy, sell, enter, sign, flush etc... anything. It even says on the page that items can and will sell out quickly and there is the chance of your order not making it in. Lesson learned today READ.

Ya Gatta Plan Aheab :D  I actually practiced about an hour before the sale started (call me crazy but it was fun) anyway I used auto fill for my info... Had my CC info in large print in front of me..@8:59 started hitting the F5 key ..I was in right at 9:00 and out at 9:00:42 with order placed.

Remember practice makes perfect :)

AND Just received shipping confirmation from UPS that my LOR order was shipped today.............How good is that!!

Ya Gatta Plan Aheab :D  I actually practiced about an hour before the sale started (call me crazy but it was fun) anyway I used auto fill for my info... Had my CC info in large print in front of me..@8:59 started hitting the F5 key ..I was in right at 9:00 and out at 9:00:42 with order placed.

Remember practice makes perfect :)

AND Just received shipping confirmation from UPS that my LOR order was shipped today.............How good is that!!

You are exactly right gmac.  I did the same thing, and was in and out in just over one minute.  You snooze you lose. Ya gotta have a plan!!

If I bought non sale items I would not buy them during the sale, that waste time. I would call the next day and add them to your order to save on the shipping. I've done that before and LOR is more than happy to help you get their products!

Your first forum post and you start off by badmouthing the company over things they spelt out as clearly as is humanly possible. Hmmmm...

Yes I am a first time poster. No "Hmmmm" necessary. Sometimes its comments such as this that may keep a person from posting at all that could eventually be a very good contributor. I  did not create a profile just to rant. I read often. I am new to LOR and really cannot add  much on the forum right now. Some people read and some people post!

I had to vent my frustration though. I had the non-sale items preloaded and ready to go. The frustration is I lost the important items on the last screen. Sounds like paypal would have been the answer. The items I lost where in the first two minutes of them becoming available. Seems like items that could go that fast may not have had many available and maybe should not be offered. I really misunderstood and took it as once the checkout process started the items where  subtracted from stock.

"VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you check out" .Shouldnt this say " VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you complete the checkout process".

As a noob like me, the rant was unfair to LOR.

Sure you missed out on some of your items. It is Not LOR's fault others are faster than you.

LOR does not have to do this.

Just shrug it off. This hobby is about Christmas Cheer and making others happy with sparkly lights.

The thrill of the sale is a neat concept and I hope they keep it up.

My wife and I found it exciting.

And if you post more you will find that the mass majority on here are very helpful.

I will say a lot of us are going to defend LOR because they provide us with needed toys for our passion.

Got in and out in about a minute using a credit card and got 12 CCRs the first time and then went back in and placed a second order of a G3MP3.  Yes I am paying more for shipping but at least I got the 12 CCRs. 

Thanks to LOR for the mad grab sale. 

Yes I am a first time poster. No "Hmmmm" necessary. Sometimes its comments such as this that may keep a person from posting at all that could eventually be a very good contributor. I  did not create a profile just to rant. I read often. I am new to LOR and really cannot add  much on the forum right now. Some people read and some people post!

I had to vent my frustration though. I had the non-sale items preloaded and ready to go. The frustration is I lost the important items on the last screen. Sounds like paypal would have been the answer. The items I lost where in the first two minutes of them becoming available. Seems like items that could go that fast may not have had many available and maybe should not be offered. I really misunderstood and took it as once the checkout process started the items where  subtracted from stock.

"VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you check out" .Shouldnt this say " VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you complete the

And maybe being new here. You should read more and take to heart more what the old timers with high posting counts and by mousing over their screen name and see when they join. When we old fart tell you that this stuff goes fast, we mean it goes fast. Sorry if you missed the part about how things can be stolen out of your cart cause it is not really yours till it is paid for. And if the truth be told. The dollar difference between spring sale and summer sale is very small. And like everyone else has said, no limit to inventory. So if you put it in your cart, it will be there when you go to check out. My only other advice is that if you do not want to wait a long time, do not do the Try for Free offer. Those who do the Try for Free are last to ship after all of the non-Try for free orders are shipped. And if they do happen to run out of inventory. then you wait till they are restocked on that item.

Not happy at all with the way this sale works. I had the items in the cart in less than a minute and the total was showing for everything during checkout, had credit card information in and everything and on the last page it cancelled items. I thought if you had them  that far you should be good. Nice job, you lost a $700 sale that had only $300 of sale items on it. I'm calling foul on this one.

Gosh, I know everyone can read, but the email I got clearly stated that many could put the same item in the cart, but the first through the process "wins"  Not sure what was so unclear about that for you.

If I were LOR I'd just end the sale altogether.  If they need to clear out some items, just list them at a lower price on the website and those who notice it get them.  Every year it's whiner after whiner, and no matter how fair and explicit LOR tries to be, the whiners and entitlement mentality babies just cry and cry about how evil LOR is as a company and how they'll never deal with them again.

To tell the truth, this year's mad-grab had far fewer upset people.  Right now my count is 2 here in the forums, and 2 in the trouble ticket system -- which may be the same 2 people.  

As for when is 'checkout', please look at it this way:  If we held inventory at the time you press the 'checkout' button then a few people would quickly add huge quantities of all the stuff on sale, hit the button......  and sit there.....  Then as their friends come around, they could release a few of whatever so only THEY could get them.  Is that fair?  No.  The most fair way, and the way most read that instruction, is for people to put their money where their mouse is.   

This may be a blessing in disguise.  I could have made a hasty decision as well, but instead, I'm going to wait until the summer sale when I can think things through and make the right decision.  By then there may be new product offerings or information that may change your mind and you will be better off for waiting.

Besides.  My display still isn't down so I'm having a hard time thinking about next year just yet.

Got in and out in about a minute using a credit card and got 12 CCRs the first time and then went back in and placed a second order of a G3MP3.  Yes I am paying more for shipping but at least I got the 12 CCRs. 

Thanks to LOR for the mad grab sale. 

I did the same last year. Email them and they will combine the shipping.

Your first forum post and you start off by badmouthing the company over things they spelt out as clearly as is humanly possible. Hmmmm...

If it doesn't matter to you whether you pay more, then where's your beef? Why bother with the sale in the first place?

No whiners? C'mon Paul - what would a Mad Grab Sale be without whiners? I'm only disappointed that I missed the over/under so badly in the office whiner pool this year.

Did you miss the sarcasm ? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

"VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you check out" .Shouldnt this say " VERY IMPORTANT: Our Online Store does not remove an item from inventory until you complete the checkout process".

Maybe next year they will have even a longer explanation! And my bet is there will be another person that says ....

For me it was AWSOME!!! I completed the sale before I realized I only got one card and rushed back and got the other three. exciting 5 minutes.

Did you miss the sarcasm ? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I know he did misspelled. According to the woman that has been my walking talking dictionary. Said that the word spelt is a flower. Should have just been "spelled". :P

Actually Max, I didn't.

Used as a noun, spelt is: A hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed.

Used as a verb, it is interchangeable with spelled, originating many centuries ago in the UK.

And yes Paul, I did indeed get the sarcasm and tried to match it.

I didn't get home till late on Wednesday and was surprised I could order a controller at midnight. The way everything was worded for the sale I figured I had missed out at that time of night. Was pleased that I could get 1 controller which is all my budget allowed this week. Added starter kit to the order too. :) hoping budget allows another controller at the summer sale. Now if it would only just ship out so I can play with it all. Hahahaha.

I am guessing that since so many are gravitating toward pixels, we are all going to find regular controllers will become more plentiful.  I also think the price for used will fall over the coming year.  The exception to this may be the commercial controllers.

Just my opinion.