Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature request for S3 sequence editor.

Box on Rails

I'm not sure where to post this request so I picked the best category for it I think.

I would like to see a tool for the sequence editor that allows you to highlight a portion of a sequence or track and change it's value by a selected percentage. let me explain. the sequence editor works very similar to a MIDI sequencer. LOR controls lights, Midi controls sound. both on a time line with each event in the time line carrying a value. the value of intensity range for the sequence editor is between 0 and 100. Midi has intensity value between 0 and 127. in a midi editor, if you have a track that is a little louder then all the rest one could use the intensity (velocity) tool and highlight that track only and the select change velocity (intensity) tool to 75% and all values in that track are reduced to a lower value as selected by that percentage. You could also do this to just a portion of a song for all tracks to lower all the values by a percentage but retain the over all sequence. if all the fades in your song go from 0 to 100 to 0 and they looked great in the visualizer but then you run the sequence for the first time with real lights and you find there is a channel that has some parts that just are to bright or not bright enough, rather then having to go in and change all the events/fades one at a time this tool would let you highlight the portion of the track and select reduce intensity to 68% and the fades would go from 0 to 100 to 0 to 68 and all single values would also reduce to 68% of the original value. 

this is programming 101.

This kind of tool is basic and it can save a lot of time when personalizing a sequence for our own display. If a person uses a mix of incandescent, LED and RGB in there display a tool like the one I am asking for would allow easy changes to smooth out the intensity differences of each type of light. 

In a nutshell I am looking for an intensity editor that is truly an editor allowing for more flexibility and versatility of editing. it is a great tool in the MIDI (sound) environment, it would be a valued tool in the LOR  environment too. 

Thanks for listening

Kenny Jure

• Like 1