Light-O-Rama Forums

3.11.2 help

Jeff Messer

I have noticed several time when I open a sequence and hit play it checks the music file and plays for maybe 1 to 4 seconds and locks up. I can edit the sequence but it will not allow me to hit play again. I restart LOR and plays fine.. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Jeff

I forget what version it was, but I ran into this sometime last year.

As best I recall the problem cleared itself up after a while. I don't recall doing anything to resolve it.

I have noticed several time when I open a sequence and hit play it checks the music file and plays for maybe 1 to 4 seconds and locks up. I can edit the sequence but it will not allow me to hit play again. I restart LOR and plays fine.. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Jeff

Jess what version of LOR are you using? You show 3.9.0 under your name.

• 2 months later...

Well I had to move to an Windows 7 laptop this year and have 3.11.2 loaded as well on two machines. The new drivers were loaded for the USB drivers and the comm listener loads up as well. That's about as good as it gets. For programming the sequencing no issues other than start up taking twice as long with a laptop that is 10 times faster when it comes to processing speed and 8 times the amount of RAM. This converting and saving of the audio files seems like something must not be set right? I am trying to get my E6804 going and I will not bore this post with those issues but post over on the 1.31 thread. I would be grateful if someone could tell me why you now have to have control the lights on to test a sequence and you cannot stop the sequence once it starts without un checking the play the sequence button. The start and stop buttons do nothing? I have a USB 485 attached, disconnected from wireless and wired LAN, have the comm listener running, have the blue box in bottom right on, but still not getting outputs working. Any special setups needed? I had to switch to multicast to get any info to the E6804. Things worked fine last year with an XP machine on what ever the most current software was back in December with exact same controller. At least with Multicast I can get some signals to the E6804, but what is playing is not what is sequenced. When the Control lights gets unchecked the sequence has a delay before it stops, and then not all the lights in all the strips turn off. I have not added and LOR controllers yet, and that will be next check to see if I can narrow down where the fails start. Don I would sure like to know what steps you did to clear it up?