Light-O-Rama Forums

Stand Alone RGB Controller

locolongball

I'm looking to run an RGB show off site.  Been in the hobby for several years..  Just had my AL controllers converted to LOR/DMX, love using the LOR software.  However, I would like to do an RGB show on our local central park tree.  Can't leave a computer onsite.  Does LOR have a stand alone controller that will run the RGB show with music.

The Showtime Director will run LOR Cosmic Color Devices. The newer G3 directors (which show be all that LOR sells now) has the added ability to run 500k speeds. 

There is no mention of DMX in the documentation for the Showtime Director. Thus if you wanted to run the DMX via the Showtime Director, you would need to use an iDMX1000.

• Like 1

I asked them once if their G3-MP3 Showtime Director could handle E1.31 and was told:

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, ####### with the following response:

The ShowTime Directors only communicate the LOR protocol.

This should help answer the question. The G3-MP3 Showtime Director as Don mentioned should do the trick.    This video was taken using the mini director for testing.  

Edited by lightzilla
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, forgot the ELOR's were still out there.  Good solution!

Well when I came across this video I thought that maybe now I could use other equipment. I keep my desk top free & I only use the Lor Director unit. Before I bought ccr's I was using the mini director, & now I use the gen.3 director unit. The next question would be...... how much RGB stuff can the Gen3 Director take before it gets bogged down?

That is a good question.  For me, what I'm looking for is a unit like this to handle the routine landscaping stuff when not dealing with large holiday shows.  I use a mix of LOR AC controllers and 700 or so RGB pixels from Ray WU.   This would at least let me make some basic mood or theme changes without the big sequences and the need for a powerhouse PC.  For that, I think this would do nicely.  I just totally forgot that Sandevices had that out there.  Thanks for reminding me. 

Last year I ran 8 AC controllers & 12 ccrs from the Gen.3 Director unit.  So far this year I will be adding 4 ccps to the list  I believe the Gen.3 will run this no problem.

In the video it appears you have the mini director and the elor both connected to the computer. 

How are you running these without the computer? is the mini director running the elor then  the 6102?

There is a cat5e cable going from the mini director to the CTB16PC controller & then there another cat5e going from the CTB16PC controller to the Elor & then the Elor to the r g b pixel controller. You do not need a PC when you do this. However Light-O-Rama made the Gen3 Director/mp3 player more powerful & therefore it can handle more RGB stuff but like I mention how much r g b can it handle is another question. I like to keep my desktop free & that is why I use the Gen3 director unit.  I have a Laptop that is almost like new that is my backup.  My wife can changed the SD cards when she gets tried of the one show.