Scam Boy - Dexter Haynes/Williams - update

George Simmons

Looks like everyone's favorite scam artist might finally be getting his comeuppance:  Here's the text of an email I got yesterday (Saturday) morning from a former roommate of his.  If you or someone you know has gotten scammed by Dexter Williams/Haynes (and many, if not most of us can say they know someone who has) now's the time to act!

"I wanted to let you know that this morning Dexter Williams was apprehended by the police. He is currently in jail in Travis County for the next 48hrs, but in order for charges to be pressed against him, evidence needs to be gathered and presented to the detective in charge of the case.

Please contact everyone you know that has been a victim of Dexter Williams and his light scams. Here is the detective's e-mail address: Erica.Westling@austintexas.gov"

Edited by George Simmons

• 9 months later...

My husband and I just got scammed by Dexter Williams, and his boyfriend Damon McCauliffe.  He has now turned into a professional rent scammer.

He is living in Seattle. They left in a hurry, including all their trash, and christmas decorations.  We learned that he was a scammer from this site.  Too bad we didn't do better research before he moved into our house!  The house was full of empty boxes with the name Janie Grisch.  For all we know he may have stolen this persons identity while he was living in our home.

Here is his facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006839267961&fref=ts