Light-O-Rama Forums

Songs that you use in your shows

kiplorenzo

I was thinking about using some of her songs for this year and just shorten it up and compile some of her soundtracks to make a song.not positive how it would come out. but if I get some spare time I may try something.

to be honest,most of my popular songs have not been Christmas songs. Gangham style what the wolf says party rock all shorten versions but all very popular with kids and adults.

I have some mix songs in my show.  However where I live if a non-Christmas song plays folks sometimes leave & if a Christmas song comes then folks

stay, & if I have no yard decorations like I didn't have last year (do to weather, cold, deep snow & because I was simply lazy) well the folks come & go real fast despite how good the songs are. That was my break , my rest & so now I should be ready for a better show for December.

This year I am going mostly Christmas songs but I plan on more songs for the time between boxing day (Dec. 26th & New years) .

Right now I have some house Reno that needs to be done & so maybe by June I can start sequencing.

to be honest,most of my popular songs have not been Christmas songs...

I agree completely. I've had countless numbers of people thank me for giving them something else to listen to other than just Christmas music. And in six seasons I've had exactly TWO people complain about non-Christmas songs. I'm okay with those numbers.

I don't know the exact percentage, but from what I've observed the overwhelming majority of people are already sick of hearing Christmas music by about December fifth. And that percentage goes WAY up when we're talking about older folks who've heard the same tired songs every year of their lives.

You want to clear the street? Don't worry about Pink Floyd or Ylvis or the Beatles. Play A Soldier's Silent Night, or even the Twelve Days of Christmas. There's no other tunes I've ever done that clears parking spaces any quicker then either of those.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 3

You want to clear the street? Don't worry about Pink Floyd or Ylvis or the Beatles. Play A Soldier's Silent Night, or even the Twelve Days of Christmas. There's no other tunes I've ever done that clears parking spaces any quicker then either of those.

Where I live I can clear the street with "Whereas The Line To See Jesus" or "It's called Christmas with a Capital C".  Another way that clears the street is -30 to -40 c or (-22 F to -40 F) & a blizzard........ this works every time. lol

Nevertheless mixing the songs up is a good way to go.

Edited by lightzilla

Twelve days of Christmas !? Might as well play 99 Bottles of Beer! Can you say "monotony"?

Never noticed old people leaving because of my music choices though. Nevertheless, Gene Autry will be replaced by Kelly Clarkson's Run Run Rudolph this year.

And the penguins are back in the studio so look for another tune from them as well.

• The topic was locked