Light-O-Rama Forums

Complete FM Transmitter Setup, Ready to GO!

bhays

Don't forget to include the money you will pay to the FCC for the fine of broadcasting with too much power without a license.

Know that this equipment appears to not conform to the FCC Part 15 rules and therefore would require a license to operate.

Unlicensed broadcasts on the FM broadcast band (88 to 108 MHz) are limited to a field strength of 250 µV/m at a distance of 3 meters from the antenna. This is roughly equivalent to 0.01 microwatts.[2] Emissions must be kept within the 88.0 to 108.0 MHz band under Part 15 rules.

I am wondering. If this complete transmitter with low pass filter, 150W amplifier and external antenna works so well. Why are you selling it? I would want to keep it so people across town could watch it with a telescope. Oh and I just noticed that the Low Pass Filter is only rated at 125 watts. I am sure that they under rated it, but I am of mind to get something that is rated higher than I need so that it is not pushed to hard and wear out faster.

Edited by Max-Paul

I am wondering. If this complete transmitter with low pass filter, 150W amplifier and external antenna works so well. Why are you selling it? I would want to keep it so people across town could watch it with a telescope. Oh and I just noticed that the Low Pass Filter is only rated at 125 watts. I am sure that they under rated it, but I am of mind to get something that is rated higher than I need so that it is not pushed to hard and wear out faster.

As I indicated, the setup works wonderfully.  I am only selling it because I have retired my display.  During the season I ran a 24 hour Christmas music station that was quite popular around my town.  I appreciate your concern and comments.  You really should put those people skills to work as a Dale Carnegie instructor or something of the like.

I won't speak to the amplifier, but I have that exact model EDM transmitter, and it is awesome.

By itself, I can get a 4 to 5 block radius.

Hey Paul - Let us know how your Dale Carnegie application turns out, will ya?  There's probably a lot they could learn from you. :D

Edited by George Simmons

Please enlighten me as to the statements that I made advising anyone of the legality of said equipment.  I made a truthful statement that I used it with no issues.  I am happy to leave the advising to you, as you seem to be the self appointed guardian of the oppressed.  I have simply retired my display and thought someone might appreciate a good deal on the equipment.  It's amusing that you would impute such malicious intent.

Merry Christmas!

Mr. Bhays what you are selling is illegal, I happen to work for an Agency that deals with these issues. Transmitting 150 watts on FM band without a License is a felony punishable up to 500,000.00 or 5 years in prison just ask the FCC.  The Agency i work for just recently put a person in jail and confiscated all the equipment for running an illegal radio station on the FM band which is the same thing you were doing.

P.S Also advertising on an open public forum about using an illegal transmitter and showing pictures of it. NOT VERY SMART. 

Edited by Godney

Godney, I wish you would go after this person. As you can see, from his edit of the original post. He is the victim and I am the perp. And all I did is bust this idiots chops about trying to push off illegal equipment. Its a shame when the good guy becomes the bad guy. BTW George what are you saying?

Max - I was saying that I don't think you'd be accepted as a Dale Carnegie instructor.  You're too blunt, you believe in saying what's on your mind, and you don't hesitate to call a fool a fool.

Yes Mr Bhays I suppose I am something else. Thats from your perspective, and I am glad. That must mean I try to be a law abiding citizen (the something else compared to you). Cause we can already see you are not a law abiding citizen.

So anything you say about me is a positive in my view. Hope someone that polices issues like this throws you in the pokey. And you will learn why they call it the pokey.

Well Max i have to agree with you if he keeps advertising illegal equipment he will end up in the POKEY!!!!!!! and by i way you seen that LOR has removed the advertisement so apparently they have enough sense to know it is illegal TOO. and by the way i am a Communications Tech. for a Sheriff's Office here so i deal with the FCC alot and know the laws about this type of equipment.

Edited by Godney