Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Status shows Disabled

deh45678

Hi everyone,

Had a great first show last year and when I started to dive back in my LOR status shows disabled. Additionally, LOR Sequence editor opens but I'm unable to do anything with it; even close it. Have to go to task manager to close it. I did a double check on my license status and I'm good until October of this year. Any ideas? 

So far I've done the following:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled LOR

2. Uninstalled and installed the latest LOR version

Thanks everyone,

Evan

Check the event logs to see if anything is having challenges. I always look at the application log and the system logs.

So, have you loaded any new programs after your last show? Is your anti-virus software up to date? Cause you have uninstalled and re installed the LOR software. You might need to do the registry clean up via a program on the download page at LOR.

It is clear that something happened between now and the last time you used it for the show.

There is the option also of a System Restore.... Meaning you go back to a date when the system was working, doesn't delete personal files.

The other options:

Malware Bytes.org & Microsoft Security Essentials. No 1 antivirus solution out there can catch them all. :)

Kip

Thanks for the replies. I did check the logs and nothing stood out. It's a corporate laptop.. So I'm guessing the last hot fix killed some process. I can open other programs just fine but not Sequence Editor.. Crazy.. I'll check the registry.. Thanks and let yah know. Might go buy me a cheap laptop that I don't update :)

in the case of a corporate laptop, there might be a Group Policy that limits what applications can be run.

Not a good idea to use a corporate computer for anything other than work. Wonder if your company has a policy like mine. Your job could be on the line for misuse of corporate hardware? As you suggested, might be a better idea to do your sequencing on YOUR own equipment. But your a big boy, pick and choose.

Found the issue.. Ha Ha.. What I thought was odd is how only the Sequence Editor was impacted. So... my issues is the New Sequence/open Sequence window is being displayed off screen. So working on that issue right now.. Fun tracking this issue down.. Ha Ha..