Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for singing faces

oilmoney

Hi all, I'm looking for singing faces to incorporate into my display this year. I found the singing xmas trees, aliens, monsters, santa and mrs.claus. I'm trying to find faces I can use for both halloween and xmas displays. Obviously the trees and santa don't work for halloween and the monsters and aliens I don't think would be ideal for xmas. What I'm hoping to find is a generic " happy face " or just plain old faces for my display. I'm hoping to find 5 or 6 of them. I've googled till i'm blue in the face and checked every holiday decorating site I can find. Am I doomed to attempting the DIY part of this hobby and try and build them myself or does somebody know where I can score some of these?

All it takes is a pvc frame,  some of that plastic fence grid (home depot) and some lengths of rope light.  Design any face type you wish.  Really simpler than you might think.

I agree with Jerry up to a point. Not all of us are artistic in nature that can draw a face free handed. But this is where you enlist (figured you like that word Jerry) a spouse, child or friend to draw a face for you. And if they are really good maybe several versions of the same basic face.

Don't know if you have something specific in mind but if you do you might want to contact Doug at wire frame delights.........I know a few years ago i had an idea of a wire frame pumpkin that i wanted made and after talking to Doug he was able to come up with what I wanted www.wireframedlites.com

• Like 1

The faces did look a little too "monster like" for Christmas. Adding Santa hats was a quick fix.

If you use the PVC frame/fencing method, then most likely you zip-tied your lights to the fencing. You could undo them and re-position the lights to make them more "friendly"....without the sharp teeth :-). Just more work to do. Or have 2 sets for each holiday. I don't know of any faces that will do both.

Edited by CLD Kevin

People think Jack could be used for both holidays since he has the hat already there, but yellow just isn't a good Xmas color to me. Plus I think changing the face adds freshness to the display.

I am going the 2 sets route. I purchased my faces from Doug for 2 reasons.

One, his design and creation are a known. Whatever I would make may or may not look as good. And his definetly look good.

Two, compact. Easy to store. Well, pretty easy. Jack is 72" tall. My creation may or may not be. My worse fear is breaking my elements by putting them in storage. I have limited storage and these rigid frames stay put. (They do have hinges to make them smaller too, but I store mine standing flat and thin against the wall). Well, maybe this isn't my worse fear.

And yes, Doug is flexible. He will change any of his current faces to fit your display or help you create your own.

Whatever you do I wanted to throw out that 3/8 inch led rope light from Christmas LEDs is cuttable every 20 inches. And though I have been tempted to use strings instead of rope light, the rope looks better IMHO. And 20 inch cuts saves the material.

I have uploaded visualizer props of my 3 bottom faces if you want to play with them in LOR sw. Just look at my posts to find them.

Good luck,

Sax

Hi all, I'm looking for singing faces to incorporate into my display this year. I found the singing xmas trees, aliens, monsters, santa and mrs.claus. I'm trying to find faces I can use for both halloween and xmas displays. Obviously the trees and santa don't work for halloween and the monsters and aliens I don't think would be ideal for xmas. What I'm hoping to find is a generic " happy face " or just plain old faces for my display. I'm hoping to find 5 or 6 of them. I've googled till i'm blue in the face and checked every holiday decorating site I can find. Am I doomed to attempting the DIY part of this hobby and try and build them myself or does somebody know where I can score some of these?

If I can build a motorized Ferris Wheel in Thorsby, AB you can build a "Happy Face" up in "Fort Mac, AB".  You can do this pretty cheap.... it can be done.

Edited by lightzilla

• 4 weeks later...

I used pegboard and drilled out holes to fit lights and then hot glued from back.

Worked great and made through the low temps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...