Light-O-Rama Forums

switching from G1 to G3 and have a question

crny1

I have a box built with 2 G1 controllers in it and I use the mini director to run the show and a cat5 linking the 2 controllers. Obviously one is Unit1 and the other is Unit2.

I would like to eliminate the mini director since the G3 can run stand alone. How do I take my sequence from the SD card and transfer it to the G3 controllers. I know how to load the sequence from the hardware utility but do you load the sequence into Unit1 and obviously link the 2 controllers with cat5 cable? Or do you have to split the sequence up and load unit1 channels to it and unit2 into it? Common sense tells me that you load the sequence into Unit1 and it will do its thing but I wanted to check and make sure. Thanks!

The Showtime Pro controllers, both g1 and g3 can run standalone sequences. However these are animation only sequences. You can not run a musical standalone sequence.

You would need to load the sequences from the HWU using the original LAS files. The files from the SD card can not be loaded onto the Showtime Pro controllers.

Ok....I just realized I may have a dilemma. My laptop that had the sequence got destroyed last year and nothing got saved. Is there anyway to get the sequence off the SD card file? Or do I just go back to plugging in the mini director? I really wanted to eliminate it this go around.

And my sequences are just lights....no music. They are actually for a 32 channel sign basically.

Ok....I just realized I may have a dilemma. My laptop that had the sequence got destroyed last year and nothing got saved. Is there anyway to get the sequence off the SD card file? Or do I just go back to plugging in the mini director? I really wanted to eliminate it this go around.

And my sequences are just lights....no music. They are actually for a 32 channel sign basically.

Unless you reprogram the lights, you are going to be stuck with the mini-director. The files written to the SD card can't be used or decrypted for use in the Sequence Editor or hardware utility.

• The topic was locked