Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Controller for Flood Lights

cjcruz

I put together a CMB24D controller for 6 RGB flood lights. 3 floods are the Holiday Coro kit, 2 are Light O Rama 10 watt floods, 1 is a 10 watt flood I picked up on Amazon for $15.00 then hacked it. All the floods work great except they're not bright enough as I have a street light across from me. Has anyone tried RGB 20 or 30 watts floods? Are they 12v or 24v?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nmm872blpwz6zbc/QpWlqlelPU

I have a couple 30w rgb ones that run on 36v which the 24ch controller can't use.  30W rgb floods ought to be bright enough for you if you can find some that run at 30v or less.

I have a couple 30w rgb ones that run on 36v which the 24ch controller can't use.  30W rgb floods ought to be bright enough for you if you can find some that run at 30v or less.

What power supply and controller are you using? I saw this on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Spotlight-Different-AC85V-265V-930WFL/dp/B00CRU39NG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392174425&sr=8-2&keywords=rgb+30+watt+flood+light

I was thinking of ordering one and opening it up and see what DC voltages are inside.

LOR's 16 channel DC controller is their only one that can handle 36v +.  I use this power supply:http://www.amazon.com/Genssi-Regulated-Switching-Power-Supply/dp/B005CLCJA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392176591&sr=8-1&keywords=36v+power+supply

Thank you for the info. I believe it's the CMB16D or the CMB16DQC are the controllers you're talking about. I'll put the controller, power supply, and 30 watt flood light on my shopping list.

• 6 months later...

diyledexpress sells the boxes and then a mounting plate made out of hdpe.  My power supply was a bit off, so I just routed a new hole.

I had some non standard equipment to mount also and bought a couple 12"x48" 1/8" hdpe pieces off Ebay to make my own for them.

If you are looking for the Ready made situation, Ray Wu has higher wattage floodlights... I bought 2 30 watt, and 1 50 watt. :)

Kip

Did you make the angle to mount the power supply in the box?  What size screws did you find that fit?

I bought aluminum angle at Home Depot. Then cut to size. I used short pan head screws to attach to box. I took power supply into store to get correct screw size to mount angle to power supply.

If you are looking for the Ready made situation, Ray Wu has higher wattage floodlights... I bought 2 30 watt, and 1 50 watt. :)

Kip

Are those 30 and 50 watt RGB floodlights? 30 watts uses 36v power supply and not sure what the 50 watt takes.

• The topic was locked