Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Spring Tennessee Mini March 22

Dennis Cherry

No worries... We got it. :)

However, we would be better off if coins were made from iron.

It could help out with some of the deficiencies.

I will have the wife with me. She likes hanging lights and the sparkly colors.

She is a school teacher so she hears feedback from the kids and we add some of their comments to our show.

This year we add Snoopy and the Red Baron.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Boyd

• MikeERWNC

• Jeff Messer

• Dennis Cherry

We will try and post a tentative schedule in the next week or so.

I am looking forward to it, it is always a lot of fun and lots of good information shared.

If anyone has some specific topics they would like to see. Post them here.

***Update***

Update: Controllers are sold pending payment.

I will have several items for sale at this mini. LED 70 ct. strings, LED 35 ct., 4 LOR CTB16PC Gen 3 controllers and a few other things, USB-RS485s, a couple of elements, etc.

I haven't done an entire inventory yet but this is what I do know:

16 each 70 ct. strings in Red, Green, Blue and Pure White----$7.50 per string

1, Superstarlights.com LED Star with 270 total LEDs, 6 Channels---$175

(The above items were parts of my 20ft. mega tree this past season. There is over $1000 invested. Buy it all for $600 and I'll throw in the 16 hook tree topper and hand winch. You will need to furnish center pole, base and guy wires.)

10 each 35 ct. strings Pure White, never opened---$5.00 per string

~10 each 70 ct. Pure White, never opened---$10 per string

4 USB-RS485s (black) $15 each (if you buy all 4, I'll knock off $15.)

1, Marty Fan with 8 Blue and 8 Pure white LED strings. $125 (LEDs are in Coroplast with PVC Frame)

16, 35 ct. White LEDs on PVC Sections used as a Starburst $50

8 Arm Spinner with 16, 60 ct. C6 LEDs from Big Lots $50

All LEDs are from Holiday Light Express unless noted in description. Whites and blues have been used 2 years, red and greens are 1 year old, some lights have never been opened.

These items will be for sale at the TN Spring Mini on March 22, 2014. What is not sold there, will be posted on the forums and it will be first come, first served basis. When/if posted on the forums, buyer will pay all shipping charges.

***Update***

Update: Controllers are sold.

Edited by Ron Boyd

At our Minis' we pool he money from all and buy lunch for everyone.

We have used Subway and Papa Murphys pizza at our minis, Not both at the same mini.

What ever the majority wants for the mini.

Dennis

Door prize list is being compiled.

This year’s theme will be: “The Great Light Fight” what works and doesn’t work.

We can discuss all aspects on putting together a great display from nuts and bolts to finished display. This is a great time for newcomers to ask questions.

Topics can range from:

Lights to use: incandescent, LED’s, RGB dumb and smart strings, Matrix's, mega trees, and Coro elements.

Hardware: basic controllers, new miniature controllers, E1.31, E682, dumb and smart controllers, etc.

Software: LOR, Vixen, HLS, Superstar, Xlights/Nutcracker

Construction of elements; Need ideas how to construct leaping arches, mega trees, spiral trees, Marty Fan, etc.

What’s new: Let’s talk about the new stuff

We will have experienced people with some of the best displays in Tennessee and surrounding area here to talk and teach.

Doug Delong of Cleveland, Tennessee: http://www.bradleylights.com

Any Harrison from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXv1keGSnA

Ron Boyd from Knoxville, Tennessee: http://www.boydchristmasinlights.com

WHEN: March 22, 2014

WHERE: Doug Delongs House

3787 Blue Springs Road

Cleveland, TN

TIME: 9:00am till 4:00 pm

FOOD: We normally collect $7.00 per person and we agree on buying lunch from one place, majority rules.

DOOR PRIZES:

1. LOR Gift Certificate ($250)

2. 2 Sandevices E6804’s

3. 3G Lighting Creations (Several Door Prizes's)

4. Demented Elf Gift Certificate.

5. Seasonal Entertainment (Gift Certificate for 20% Off)

6. Ulta-Lit (LED Keeper & LightKeeper Pro Combo).

7.   27 ch. RGB Board and a $50 Gift certificate from CLDKevin

8.   Gift certificate from wire frame D’Lights

May have more.

BUY & SELL

Bring your stuff to find a new display needing more.

TECH SUPPORT:

Bring your Laptop Computer

Have a problem with connecting your equipment or need help in DIY kits? We will have some of the best local talent available to help you.

If you have not responded with a post on coming and how many please do, we would like to have a count, plenty of space is available.

My wife and I are planning being there.  I wanted to get up there last year, but it didn't work out.  We are in Hixson close to Andy.  He sent me the info on Facebook a week or so ago.  Looking forward to it.

Jennifer and I will be there! I am looking forward to this.

I need a day away from Murphy, NC.

It will be great to meet some new people who have the same insane love of sparkly flashy things as we do.

One week away!!!!

;)

Getting antsy. Can't wait to see my friends and talk about my favorite subject, Christmas Lights.

Ran this by the wife and we are planning on coming - me to the mini and her for whatever shopping is in the area. I may do my own shopping too  :D . A good 6 hour drive for us but we are looking forward to some quiet driving time.

Quite a bit of shopping within 10 to 20 miles from here. Several of us will have various things for sale. A few of the door prizes will be worth the drive if one gets lucky. Looking forward to Saturday.

Bringing this thread to the top of the pile since it's happening in 2 days.

If you haven't heard and you're close, come on down. All info can be found above. Lots of door prizes and quite honostly, some really nice stuff. One change on # 7 above, instead of a $50 gift certificate, it will be 2, $25 gc's.

See everybody Saturday

If anyone has an extra 2811 tester that ray wu sells, the small ones. I would love to buy one off of someone.

Another update to the door prize list.

Greg at Seasonal Entertainment sent out 50 WS2811 round/bullet 5v pixels and 50 WS2811 square bottom 5v pixels.

Also, his new WS2811 protocol DMX single universe controller and a gift certificate for $25. 

Update Update!

Ed from J1sys has added to the door prize list with a $175 gift certificate for J1sys equipment.....

Its getting closer and the door prize list just keeps growing. :)

Looks like someone parked their vette in front of your potato truck, six hours with a giant potato  WOW!

When I told the driver that some guy in Idaho on TV said if we see the truck tell them to come home, he gave me an info flier.

A potato that large would take 10,000 years to grow.

In the year which I have owned the car, I have put over 40K miles on it.

Best work car I have ever owned. 30MPG all day long at 75MPH.

Here is Ted Turners pet Bison.

vettebison.jpg

Nice Vette Mike.. You coming to the mini Sat. I am leaving the house at 5am heading that way. Hope to meet you!!

Jeff