Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Spring Tennessee Mini March 22

Dennis Cherry

Well that time again to have another spring mini. 

This year’s theme will be: “The Great Light Fight” What works and doesn’t work.

We will discuss all aspects on putting together a great display from nuts and bolts to finished display. This is a great time for newcomers to ask questions.

Topics will range from:

Lights to use: incandescent, LED’s, RGB dumb and smart strings, Matrixes, mega trees, and Coro elements.

Hardware: basic controllers, new miniature controllers, E1.31, E682, dumb and smart controllers, etc.

Software: LOR, Vixen, HLS, Superstar, Xlights/Nutcracker

Construction of elements; Need ideas how to construct leaping arches, mega trees, spiral trees, Marty Fan, etc.

What’s new: Let’s talk about the new stuff

We will have some experience people with some of the best displays in Tennessee and surrounding area here to talk and teach.

Doug Delong of Cleveland, Tennessee: http://www.bradleylights.com

Any Harrison from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXv1keGSnA

Ron Boyd from Knoxville, Tennessee: http://www.boydchristmasinlights.com

WHEN: March 22, 2014

WHERE: Doug Delongs house 3787 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, TN

TIME: TBD

More information coming so mark your calendar now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron Boyd

• MikeERWNC

• Jeff Messer

• Dennis Cherry

Way to go Andy. I think a website is the best way to show off your display.

I am in Murphy, NC...
I might have to make plans for this.

Come on over. It's only about 60 miles from Murphy to Cleveland. I'm ~83 miles out. We had some folks from the Charlotte area come over last March. Always a good time. Oh, and there's always something you'll take home from all of it.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I go to Murphy all the time.

I go to Cleveland all of the time.

Two of my riding buddies makes Twix bars and M&M's, we meet up for dinner there often.

I go to Cleveland all of the time.

Two of my riding buddies makes Twix bars and M&M's, we meet up for dinner there often.

Anytime you want to get together.

Just off of Waterlevel Hwy just east of Whirlpool.

• 2 weeks later...

***Update***
Update: Controllers are sold pending payment.

I will have several items for sale at this mini. LED 70 ct. strings, LED 35 ct., 4 LOR CTB16PC Gen 3 controllers and a few other things, USB-RS485s, a couple of elements, etc.

I haven't done an entire inventory yet but this is what I do know:

16 each 70 ct. strings in Red, Green, Blue and Pure White----$7.50 per string
1, Superstarlights.com LED Star with 270 total LEDs, 6 Channels---$175

(The above items were parts of my 20ft. mega tree this past season. There is over $1000 invested. Buy it all for $600 and I'll throw in the 16 hook tree topper and hand winch. You will need to furnish center pole, base and guy wires.)

10 each 35 ct. strings Pure White, never opened---$5.00 per string
~10 each 70 ct. Pure White, never opened---$10 per string

4 USB-RS485s (black) $15 each (if you buy all 4, I'll knock off $15.)
1, Marty Fan with 8 Blue and 8 Pure white LED strings. $125 (LEDs are in Coroplast with PVC Frame)
16, 35 ct. White LEDs on PVC Sections used as a Starburst $50
8 Arm Spinner with 16, 60 ct. C6 LEDs from Big Lots $50

All LEDs are from Holiday Light Express unless noted in description. Whites and blues have been used 2 years, red and greens are 1 year old, some lights have never been opened.

These items will be for sale at the TN Spring Mini on March 22, 2014. What is not sold there, will be posted on the forums and it will be first come, first served basis. When/if posted on the forums, buyer will pay all shipping charges.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I am absolutely trying to make this...

Do I need to bring anything?

Yourself, about $10 to eat, a laptop if you can and any element, controller or type of light you need help on or just want to show off. It's always a great time.

I am absolutely trying to make this... Do I need to bring anything?
Yourself, about $10 to eat, a laptop if you can and any element, controller or type of light you need help on or just want to show off. It's always a great time.
not $10 to eat a laptop, that should have read bring a laptop. Also might want to bring about $10 to eat. :-P Oops.

Also might want to bring about $10 to eat. :-P Oops.

Should I bring ten, one dollar bills to eat? One sawbuck might not fill me up. :)

I better go to the bank and get some new ones. The cleaner the better if we are eating them.

Come to think of it twenty rolls of pennies might be more filling. And there would be plenty for all.

Edited by MikeERWNC

Also might want to bring about $10 to eat. :-P Oops.Should I bring ten, one dollar bills to eat? One sawbuck might not fill me up. :)I better go to the bank and get some new ones. The cleaner the better if we are eating them.Come to think of it twenty rolls of pennies might be more filling. And there would be plenty for all.

:-P :-D

I just messed that statement up royally didn't I?

Bring $10 to buy something to eat. Sheesh, these Tennessee boys are truly hillbillies or rednecks sometimes.

Edited by Ron Boyd