Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Light Contest 2013

wbaker4

Does anyone know when LOR will be posting the videos of the entries for the 2013 Christmas Light contest?

Judging should be happening soon.  

Ho ho ho ho...ha  ha ha ha ha ha....That's FUNNY!!!!!

Results didn't get posted last year till, what was it.....September??   And I think it was August the year before.

LOR may be good at customer service but they stink at anything involving a release date.

I think they typically send out an email or post it on the announcements page.

"All good things to those who wait, Clarice" Hannibal Lector

If our video is already up on the light o rama website and haven't heard anything,  I take it we didn't win anything?

http://www1.lightorama.com/christmas-contest-2013-part-c/

No, they always post the submitted videos. Once they judge all the entries they will post the winners on the site. If you're not posted as one of the winners then you know you haven't won!

I'm keeping a positive attitude, I know I won't win :)

I am positive that each year that I view your videos your displays gets way cooler.

I am also positive that I was lazy & I put up a meagre display in 2013.

When I started this in 2005, I was positive I would never win. But then in 2007, I did. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Am I missing something?....I'm looking for the 2013 contest winners of both contests and can't find either one!

What about the winners from pervious years?

Is it possible to find those videos somewhere to know what I need to aspire too?

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry, Are you doing a show this year at the shop? Things are moving along well for the show this year. All props are almost finished as I am redoing the roof layout. The 5 trees on the northside of the yard will be RGB's and the Nativity Scene will be RGB this year. Needed to make that side of the yard a little brighter. LOL

I am going to have both a Halloween and Christmas show this year.  Lots more RGB stuff, planning on dueling 7 foot  Mega  trees,  270 degree pixel -vs- 180 degree strip,  with   (6) 6 foot trees and (8) 2 foot trees as well as the usual rgb wall wash  singing trees and other stuff.  Not as big of course as your Awesome display but should be very bright.   I'm converting a Gemmy white stand alone packaged tree to RGB tree that will be stand alone running on a Raspberry Phi.

Edited by jerrymac

Great. Can't wait to see it and I will be in full swing with the fire department helping this year. Donations will be for them !!!! It will be a bright year and I have started the plans for next year on the roof being a full matrix. Fonda said go for it !!! May even talk her into the mega tree change out to pixels. LOL

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will be difficult for us French people to win the 240 volt contest as long as  Australia exists . lol :)

One of the greatest display outside USA :

• 2 months later...

We will be posting the winners this weekend. The fault in delay is entirely mine. I will be giving the winners a little extra for the delay. I enjoy looking at each and every video but that takes 70-80 solid hours. I do delegate the work to teams of people who sort it down to the top 10 in each category and then I waste my time and look at them all anyway... Alex and I will spend a few hours this weekend and make the final decisions. 

Dan

Light O Rama, Inc.