Light-O-Rama Forums

2013 Videos: Everything sequenced in Superstar

Ron Boyd

Very nice Ron..  I especially liked the lights over the garage that simultaneously faded horizontally and vertically.  Did you cut smart strips into roughly 18" long sections?   Also, what is the diameter of the 8 spoke cart wheel between the arches and to the right of the circle?  Thanks.

Kent

The pixcicles over the garage are actually WS2811, Square pixels embedded in 3/4" PEX tubing. They are being converted this coming year to emulate plasmadrive's, Plasma Icicles.

The Pixel burst in the center is made by cutting 8' sections on aluminum "c" channel in half. Each leg is 4' long and has 25 of the same 2811 pixels. Its 8' in diameter and about a foot off of the ground.

Everything looks great! :)   Is the LED tree being converted to pixels this year?

By the way, I'll be posting the LED Mega Tree for sale within the next month or so, if anyone may be interested. Everything except the center pole will be sold.

Send me a PM for pricing and details if any interest. Price will be firm and buyer will pay shipping. It would be a lot less expensive if it could either be picked up locally. I'll be willing to meet within 100 miles.

Mr. Boyd:

If you go with the pixel tree with the globe, this is what I did.

I drilled 2 holes in the Plexiglas and used plumbers tape to hold the controllers. I also cut a piece of 3/4" plywood about 16" square and attached a pipe flange to it. Then I screwed the pipe nipple that is attached to the globe to the flange. Then put everything i a cardboard box with bubble wrap around the globe. Makes storage a lot easier. Though it might help you. 

Thank you my friend. I'll keep the box the hemispheres came in just for that purpose. At least the globe part though. I'm pretty sure the support nipple for the globe will be protruding out the top.

Thank you my friend. I'll keep the box the hemispheres came in just for that purpose. At least the globe part though. I'm pretty sure the support nipple for the globe will be protruding out the top.

The stand also helps to hold it while putting it together.

Sweet. I'll try that. I have the first half drilled and 1string of the pixels in. Had to buy another hot glue gun. This makes the 3rd one. If I have to buy another one, I'm going to break down and get a "Pro" glue gun. Tired of fooling with these cheapos

Sweet. I'll try that. I have the first half drilled and 1string of the pixels in. Had to buy another hot glue gun. This makes the 3rd one. If I have to buy another one, I'm going to break down and get a "Pro" glue gun. Tired of fooling with these cheapos

LOL. I had to do the same thing. I think I got a Surebond off of Amazon. Can't remember if it was $89.00 or $149.00. Big gun, but has a large triger and has adjustable heat. Hope it last.

Ron, You once again have done a great job!!  You have shown us that you do not have to have 400,000 lights (but it is a lot of fun) to have an awesome display.  Your attention to detail is excellent. Great timing on the sequencing also.

I too want to do icicles like plasmadrive had done but not this year, to much already on my plate.

• The topic was locked