Light-O-Rama Forums

Snubbers + Cost = best I could find for you

MikeERWNC

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/36988-easiest-terminatorssnubbers-to-make/

Ok! I needed some snubbers and I was looking for the best deal I could find.

I could not get them down to the OPs price point

however, I was able to get down close to 1.14 each before silicon is added.

(75) Leviton Residential Grade Straight Blade Plug 48643-Brown

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221216024801?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I made the seller an offer of 61.71 (75.00 after shipping) which got the plugs to 1.00 each.

(100) 1W 1 watt Metal Oxide Resistor 47K 5% Axial Bulk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150561662494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

About .11 each.

You will at least have 25 left over incase you destroy some.

I hope this helps out somebody.

Too bad no one sells them. I am in at 1.50 each.

Have you received these plugs yet?  Just an FYI if you haven't - I bought 150 of these from the same ebay auction and seller a couple of months ago and only received about 35 of the 150 that were actually the Leviton brand and number.  Most were Eagle brand with the screws on the side.  The seller was very accommodating and allowed me to keep the ones I could use and gave me a full refund for the ones I returned.  I hope you have better luck than I did.

Hardware World is the way to go if you don't want to trust an Ebay seller.

You have to add the shipping cost into the equation.

Fyi:

Life and Home at .85 each are actually 1.12 each after shipping.

Hardware World .86 are 1.01 after shipping.

Have you received these plugs yet?  Just an FYI if you haven't - I bought 150 of these from the same ebay auction and seller a couple of months ago and only received about 35 of the 150 that were actually the Leviton brand and number.  Most were Eagle brand with the screws on the side.  The seller was very accommodating and allowed me to keep the ones I could use and gave me a full refund for the ones I returned.  I hope you have better luck than I did.

Thanks I sent him a message and asked for 100% Leviton or cancel the order.

The OP was at .65 also...

But that was November 2009.

Inflation has to play a little part.

I did some internet searching and found nothing.

Here in the mountains, I don't have the luxury of hardware stores with discounts.

SparkDR was correct. The eBay seller cancelled the order. They didn't have Leviton.

I placed an order with Hardware World but they only have 67 and I decided to order 100.

So that might take some time to get to me.

I am glad I am doing this now and not closer to Christmas.

I found the URL I used in 2011, 25 plugs for $15, but the URL sadly is no longer valid. I can't believe how many places are selling these for over $3 each.

One of the keys to the price was that I found them in boxes of 25, individually UPC stickered, but no individual packaging.

I made my snubbers three or four years ago. I don't remember perzackly but including everything I have less than a buck apiece into them. Even at twice that price, for what we spend on everything else, I assure you that they're a very good buy. They work great!

Edited by George Simmons

• The topic was locked