Light-O-Rama Forums

Plasma Icicles info coming down

plasmadrive

Thanks! I really do love your plasma icicles and glad you can keep doing this hobby.

Thank you Derek..

Thanks papa..

Someone named Alan from the DIY blog said he would host the data so if will remain on the web, just not in my Dropbox.  I will forward the link as soon as I have it.

I remember seeing that one video before and one day when I do a few other things with pixels. I will have to do your icicles. Only thing missing  I suppose is a little drawing showing how you actually are doing the wiring. Like how are you wiring up the signal? How are you using those "T"s?

And thanks to papa for hosting the info.

Ok, so you totally touched my Blinky Flashy addiction here. .. FANTASTIC!

So now you make me think further as I started ordering roof line Icicle lights in each color. Have Red and Blue... but after seeing these, I am wonder if the cost is lower.

Could you tell me the lengths of the Icicles that you used? I'm trying to calculate a 75' roofline.

thank you. :)

Well Plasma's still has his stuff up. Down at the bottom of the page with the photos and movies, there is a document with the lengths and  distance between individual icicles.

Hi All,

Actually Oriville has graciously started hosting the Plasma Icicles info as well.   http://sdrv.ms/1fxzCU9   (Papa is not hosting Max) 

I will still answer any questions I can and help whom ever I can if you are wanting to build the Plasma Icicles. 

Also arw01 over on DIY is hosting as well. 

Now... on to the next project.. :ph34r:

Are you  leaving them up year round?  Looks to be a near permanent installation.

Nope.. took em down already.  I left the conduit clamps up there for next year though. 

Hi All,

Actually Oriville has graciously started hosting the Plasma Icicles info as well.   http://sdrv.ms/1fxzCU9   (Papa is not hosting Max) 

I will still answer any questions I can and help whom ever I can if you are wanting to build the Plasma Icicles. 

Also arw01 over on DIY is hosting as well. 

Now... on to the next project.. :ph34r:

Did I need to host something? Max are you trying to get me in trouble? LOL I am here to help if anyone needs something that I can help with.

I really need to cut back on my meds. I must have been seeing things again. Sorry Papa, didnt mean to drag you into something that you where not doing. Meh cuppa. :blink:

I really need to cut back on my meds. I must have been seeing things again. Sorry Papa, didnt mean to drag you into something that you where not doing. Meh cuppa. :blink:

LOL Not a problem no harm no foul

LMAO!!! 

OMG these lights are amazing! Seems like a lot of work programming though. I'm still recovering from this past season so anything past turning on a switch sounds exhausting, ha

OMG these lights are amazing! Seems like a lot of work programming though. I'm still recovering from this past season so anything past turning on a switch sounds exhausting, ha

Thanks, glad you like em'

They were some what of a issue to program but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't too bad. Just very time consuming.   Giving that I didn't use the visualizer it was mostly in my head.

Plasma,

thanks for the info...

did you purchase the controller from ray? I see all sorts of models. Which one if I may ask.

Kip