Light-O-Rama Forums

papagayo to lor singing mouth

razataz

Are you pasting by time when you paste into the sequence? I've made that mistake in the past. Are you clicking the box to cut off the beginning of the clipboard before the first word? Not doing that can cause problems lining it up

Make sure you have it set to 25 FPS before you hit breakdown.  If you have it in anything else and then change it to 25, it will appear correct but will not be.  I made this error when I started out. 

I have tried both checking the box, ensuring that it was set to 25FPS right after loading the audio, and pasting by time... I can get it lined up from the start of the singing but then it goes off... it could be something with Windows 8 ?  I will try to do this on my Win7 machine and see if I can re-create the issue here.  Thanks for the suggestions.  If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Edited by RaZZlo

Hi RaZZlo     If the movements are off, the most likely problem is the FPS is not fixed on 25.   Sadly  Papagayo is an old program so its lacking a few things.   Changing FPS after opening doesnt do anything.  If the .pgo opens with 24 then that is how the mouth movements are positioned.    

Please open the .pgo with Notepad and look at the raw data.   Line 3 must say 25.  If its not change it in notepad and save it.     Then open in papagayo and you must slide the words again to line up with the audio. 

Hey Bob... The tool does open with 24FPS... But when I checked the file, it said 15... So I am thinking it may be a windows 8 "X86" issue... I am currently working on Hallelujah (Cloverton).  I got the 1st verse done just now and it did the same thing... I'll make the changes you suggested.  I'll let you know.... Thanks again... When you are ready to continue efforts, and have another round of donations, I would certainly be willing to contribute....

[uPDATE] - 1 Hour Later.... BobO, you are DA MAN!!!. That was it.  In fact, once I moved the phrases over to the right marks, for the most part, the individual words were lined up as before.  So it does appear, that at least in my configuration, PG wants to open in 15 or 24FPS.... I will need to create a file with just audio, save it, change the FPS in the file, then I can continue work... That to me is a minor issue... Took longer to type this than make that change...  So Thanks again... I will let you know once the song is complete w/ faces...

Edited by RaZZlo

Just wanted to post an update to the above issue and resolution.  Once I got the first file completed and exported, the other ones I am doing have defaulted to 25FPS and importing as expected.  So FAQ: If you have issues with Papagayo and FPS, open the first .PGO file you create in notepad, and ensure that the 3rd line/section starts with 25.  Once that is saved and completed the rest should follow.  Again, thanks to BobO for his support on this program...

I too was having this problem and the Notepad solution worked for me as well. One thing I seem to be missing is how to stop the audio playing once you've started it. I just end up waiting until the song is done which is annoying considering we hear our Christmas music enough while sequencing. Am I missing something? Thanks again!  

The square stop button works for me.  Also, to only play part of the song, double click on either the individual word or the sentence and it will play only that part.  When I do my songs, it's better to break it into one sentence per line when setting it up.

OK I may be officially crazy! I looked everywhere for a stop button and couldn't find one, after reading your reply I laughed because that's exactly what I was looking for... a square stop button. So I opened Papagayo back up to take a screenshot to show you, and guess what is right beside the play icon??!! I know it wasn't there earlier... weird! Thanks for the quick reply though, I didn't know about double clicking the individual words, very helpful! Thanks again!

-Brad 

glad I could help.  I chuckled myself at your demise of not being able to find the stop button.  I hardly ever use the play button up top anymore.  I only use the double click method.  I'm only doing one word or lyric at a time so that is all I want to hear.

Only time I ever use the play button is when the word and phrase placement is complete and I want to watch the entire clip for the final test. other wise double clicking is the only way to go.  

Only time I ever use the play button is when the word and phrase placement is complete and I want to watch the entire clip for the final test. other wise double clicking is the only way to go. 

Yes, I'm quickly learning that. I too mostly use it now when I want to see the end result, I had no idea double clicking the lyrics would play the section or word I'm working on until amstone110 told me where to look. So glad for these forums! I'm 3/4 through my first song and I think it's turning out well, I just hate it taking so much time...