Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to start with Cosmic Color on a budget?

Klayfish

I've been doing as much reading and learning as I can over the past week.  Reading a lot of threads here and at AusChristmas.  There's a ton of information, but the basics are starting to sink in.  I think I'm going to go with a SanDevice 682 and some 2811 strips.  Now I just have to figure out how I want to sequence them.  I'm still reading, but from what I see SuperStar is great at doing individual pixel control, but it's not so good at doing instant effects.  Nutcracker software is the exact opposite, it can do instant effects but no so good at individual control.  More reading to do...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in exactly the same position, building a pixel node tree instead of a CCR tree.  I'd like to incorporate purchased CCR sequences into my existing sequences.

Can I do that without superstar? 

I'm actually not all that crazy about Superstar.  I'm running over 2500 RGB channels this year and am sequencing the old fashioned way.  IMO, it just looks better but takes  more time.   Just be prepared to use the chase tool like crazy.

Edited by marsh28

I'm in exactly the same position, building a pixel node tree instead of a CCR tree.  I'd like to incorporate purchased CCR sequences into my existing sequences.

Can I do that without superstar? 

Since you would need a license to export Superstar to the Sequence Editor, you could ask the person you purchase a CCR sequence from if they would export it to a regular sequence for you.

• 1 month later...

Wow, great thread.  Nice to see i'm not the only one throwing the same questions around in my head already.

As I move into my 2nd year im torn between expanding with AC controllers and light strings or headings straight into RGB.

I don't want to hijack the thread so I will put another post over in the newbies forum.  I'll take all the help I can get.

• The topic was locked