Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Floods with S3

robin1373

Hello,

I am wanting to purchase some RGB floods. I would like some suggestions on what to get. I have also read that if i get a cmb24 board and use the s3 software that i have to mix the colors myself. Is this correct and if so is there another way to do this?

Thanks

Robin

LOR's floods are ready to go plug and play.  Some buy from Ebay or Ray Wu and hack them and use either LOR or DMX.  I myself buy my own leds from china and make my own fixtures.  The cmb24 will handle 8 rgb elements separately.  You can also have more than one or several floods per rgb channel.  In S3, you setup your floods as rgb channels and creating colors and fades is pretty easy.

Thank you so much for the info!!! Do you like making your own better than buying them and how does the price compare? i upgraded to the advanced version of s3 I cant seem to find how to do a rgb channel Is there some where I can read up on this?

Thanks Again

Robin

Right click on a channel.  You'll see options to convert channels to rgb or insert new rgb channels.  Materials to make my fixtures is free, plus I have a metal lathe.  There are a lot of different ways to make fixtures, but the leds must be mounted on some form of heat sink, they will put out some heat.

I have some 20w white leds that are just mounted to a piece of aluminum plate and silicon the perimeter to waterproof it.  They can't remain 'on', but great for hidden surprise flashes or lightning.

Edited by scubado

That is awesome. Thank you I have done lor for a couple of year now bu I am just getting into RGB. I am trying to get a jump start to learn and get it into this years show.