• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• medman2000

• johnny christmas

• kevin

• -klb-

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually my reasoning is quite simple. No need to overload the server when I have the BETA. The BETA expires Jan. 15th so really no need to be in a hurry.

Just one of my many little sacrifices for the little guys.:shock::)

Robin wrote:

Actually my reasoning is quite simple. No need to overload the server when I have the BETA. The BETA expires Jan. 15th so really no need to be in a hurry.

Just one of my many little sacrifices for the little guys.:shock::)

Plus you can roll the date back on your machine if needed... :)

Guest wbottomley

medman2000 wrote:

he's just messing with you - beta testers have a bad sense of humor sometimes

Comeon guys... in order to pass-by time, sometimes you have to hijack a thread.:) I don't see anything posted on the site either.

You have to have sense of humor or it would be a dull world!:)

Mountainwxman wrote:

medman2000 wrote:
he's just messing with you - beta testers have a bad sense of humor sometimes

Comeon guys... in order to pass-by time, sometimes you have to hijack a thread.:) I don't see anything posted on the site either.

You have to have sense of humor or it would be a dull world!:)

I just hope the guy who started the "released on Friday" rumor wasn't joking too :shock:

Right there it is, LOR Gamma 2.0 :shock:

Honestly, i might download the new version, when and if it comes out on another computer, but i have almost everything set up and ready to go, will have the lights on Thanksgiving night...

Larry

It was a joke...no one get too excited!!!

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Right there it is, LOR Gamma 2.0 :shock:

Honestly, i might download the new version, when and if it comes out on another computer, but i have almost everything set up and ready to go, will have the lights on Thanksgiving night...

Larry

Beer Can Turkey

1 (9 to 10 pound) whole turkey, thawed or fresh
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
12 to 24 ounces beer

1. Remove giblets, neck and any excess fat from turkey. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
  2. In a small bowl combine spices, herbs and seasonings.
  3. Meanwhile, preheat gas grill with all burners on high or build a charcoal fire. Reduce heat to Indirect Medium heat (about 350ºF) or position gray-ashed briquettes on either side of an aluminum drip pan. Pour beer inside turkey sitter and set aside.
  4. Blot turkey dry with paper towels. Rub interior of bird with 2-3 teaspoons of rub mixture. Brush turkey all over with oil and place drumstick-side down on sitter. Season turkey exterior with remaining rub.
  5. Place turkey/sitter directly on the grill rack cooking grate, carefully balancing the bird.
  6. Grill over Indirect Medium heat for about 2-3 hours until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers 185 degrees F in thigh and 170 degrees F in breast. Wearing barbecue mitts, carefully remove turkey from the grill, being careful not to spill the hot beer. Discard the beer.
  7. Let turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving. Serve warm.

Makes 12 servings.

There will be no need for firmware updates until a later release of the software. The problem is that all the features that LOR 2 is capable of is not going to be seen.

Greg

PS...the greatest piece of chicken I have ever had in my life, was a beer can chicken!!

FandomFilms wrote:

Not going to be seen because of the need for a firmware update or a portion of the features are being held back?

A lot of the features are not going to be seen because of a firmware update. For instance, you will not be able to fade twinkles just yet.

There are a few new features introtroduced, but not as many as there will be.

Greg

Ponddude wrote:

FandomFilms wrote:
Not going to be seen because of the need for a firmware update or a portion of the features are being held back?

A lot of the features are not going to be seen because of a firmware update. For instance, you will not be able to fade twinkles just yet.

There are a few new features introtroduced, but not as many as there will be.

Greg

........ I was going to vent about holding back features till a later release date but have now decided not to........sorry