Light-O-Rama Forums

J1sys ordering

aemnky

Dose anyone know how long it takes J1sys to reply to an order request? I sent one in at the end of last week and still no reply.  I sent it to the address on the website for orders. 

I sent them a couple questions last year regarding product information and never did hear back.  Between that and the state of their website, it pretty much soured me on wanting to order from them ever.

yea I'm not very happy with it at all.  At this point I'm looking else were for a device that will take e3.31 for my pixels and then go out to 2 DMX universes.

yea I'm not very happy with it at all.  At this point I'm looking else were for a device that will take e3.31 for my pixels and then go out to 2 DMX universes.

DIYLedExpress.com has a 6-universe bridge that does exactly that.  They're having a pre-sale on them right now until Feb 1 if you want the best price.

Here's the link:  http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=157

Edited by Tim Fischer

Have you used this email: edb@joshua1systems.com

He seems to reply right back to me when I need questions answered. 

I got the ECG-P2 and it gave me 4 universes for only $85 after shipping.  Worked like a champ too.

Edited by crackchecker

I placed an order from SanDevices and it ship the next day and had it in hand within a few days. Only thing about ordering from them and it states this on the website is you basically wire them money to their email via Paypal and then they will ship you the product. No online store front where you add the product into a shopping cart, checkout and receive a order or invoice number. You add up the cost of whatever you want and send it to them. Just add comments to your payment. You will receive a Paypal email which is basically your receipt. And once it ships, you should get a notice from Paypal....if they change the status to ship. They did for me. You could also send an email if unsure of cost.

I have always had items shipped in a day or two. They are well worth the price and support. I would say they didn't receive your order- I paypal a payment and get a response in 24 hours- I would not count them out.

Edited by BrownOut

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent 5 email to j1sys starting in late Dec to now. No reply from any of them on a card that needed repairs. I will give it till the end of this week and move in another direction.

Jeff

*** Update*** 

Company span filter was holding an email back. Got my reply and Ed has started in the RMA pile. Thanks again Ed....

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

I placed an order from SanDevices and it ship the next day and had it in hand within a few days. Only thing about ordering from them and it states this on the website is you basically wire them money to their email via Paypal and then they will ship you the product. No online store front where you add the product into a shopping cart, checkout and receive a order or invoice number. You add up the cost of whatever you want and send it to them. Just add comments to your payment. You will receive a Paypal email which is basically your receipt. And once it ships, you should get a notice from Paypal....if they change the status to ship. They did for me. You could also send an email if unsure of cost.

San Devices full line of controllers are also available from Seasonal Entertainment from their on line strore.  www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com  

Thanks Jerry.. If I did not have your help last year the shed would have been dark. Once again thanks again for your help. I should have the card tomorrow and I need 4 more for this years show. LOL Its going to be a bright one.

I ordered and received the ECG-P12S. I got it right away and it works nice. Its now mounted in an enclosure with power supply and ready to use this next season. The only lacking I saw is the need for full documentation as opposed to using the older board's documentation which does work for this one. Ed said he was working on the documentation so whenever it becomes available, I'll get it.

I saw Ed at J1sys and his emails inbox 2 days ago when I picked up another couple of P2's from him. There were no unread or un replied to emails in either of his inbox's and while I was there he answered several emails while we talked. Ed is a one man band with the help of family to ship orders etc. I would hate for spam filters or unreturned emails to shine a negative light on such a great product but fully understand that it can and will. We did talk briefly about the lack luster state of his website and documentation. I'm going to try and help out with some of that over the next couple of months with some updated tutorial videos and documentation. I don't work for J1sys or profit from using his products in any way. I'm just a consumer and customer that happens to live close enough to drop by and see him. I like helping the community out and I love the ECG product lineup. :)

If you try both j1sales@joshua1systems.com or edb@joshua1systems.com and still get no reply after a reasonable amount of time (I don't mean an hour) or you have posted any issue you may be having in the J1sys section of the forums here:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?board=29.0

If neither of the emails work or posting in the forum linked above you can PM me and I will be happy to forward it to Ed for you.

Edited by harrison0550

The ECG-P12S sure worked nicely for me when I received it a short while back. I connected it to 12 WS2811 pixel strings laid out on the floor and it was dazzling to say the least! I didn't see any lag-time using the E1.31 communication via the P12S. Now I was using only 4 out of the 8 available universes. One nice thing there is the ability to use two different power supplies on 4 of the universes as they are grouped in 4's. So you could do 4 universes with a 5volt power supply and 4 more using a 12volt power supply. There is the E1.31 RJ45 connector on-board plus two more RJ45 connectors for additional DMX but either I'm not educated enough yet on DMX(the fact) or the lack of documentation on those two DMX ports, I don't dare connect anything to them as I don't wish to burn up the board. The board comes with no surround so its up to you to mount it properly in an enclosure. I've not tried the San Devices boards but they look good on their site.

• The topic was locked