Light-O-Rama Forums

I Got a Call From an Angry Neighbor

intertrashional

I received a call a few weeks ago from a number I did not know.  I did not pick it up the first time, and they left no voicemail.  I called the number back and...it was a disconnected number.  I had no idea how this was possible, but I just let it go.  The next day I again got a call from a different unrecognized number.  This time I picked it up and it was a very angry neighbor who was forceful in wanting me to take my decorations down.  I hung up the phone angry that someone could have such negative thoughts about it(I'm sure this happens more than we know!).  A few minutes later one of my coworkers came over and filled me in and played back the recording of me and the "angry neighbor".  He got me good and I now know about prankdial.com.  Did anyone ever get this one?  http://www.prankdial.com/pranks/christmas-decorations

Edited by intertrashional

My daughter used that on me over the holiday.   Out of the blue, my wife came running into the room with the phone and a troubled look on her face and immediately thrust the phone into my hand - It was clear this wouldn't be a pleasant call for whatever reason.  The stranger's voice from an unknown number claimed we were stealing his wi-fi.  Being good friends with all my neighbors, and having helped a number of them secure their wireless signals over the last few years, I was immediately taken aback by the charge.  It was a real exercise for me not to negatively react when I was trying to discuss the issue with him and he started calling me a thief and responsible for the downturned economy then hung up.  I managed to maintain my cool throughout the call but I was pretty steamed up internally that someone would baselessly challenge my ethics like that.  Fortunately, my daughter came clean immediately after, telling us we'd been pranked.    I was able to laugh at myself on the recording.  You could tell I was struggling to remain civil.  :)   Its pretty funny now, but I'm sure my blood pressure was heading North on me at the time.    She really knew where my hot buttons were.    

I did this to my wife a little while ago and boy oh boy did she get pissed... first at the guy on the phone and then at the guy sitting right next to her. Man did she fall for it! ;)

Edited by JeffF

The political and legal portion of this thread has been removed. If you wish to continue the legal or political portions of the discussion please do so elsewhere.

• The topic was locked