Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting in rgb

John Emmerling

I don'know what I am doing. I want to make some arches. Have 3.10.14 lor. Been using lor for 8 years. Bought holiday corc 27channel controler to use on the arches. How do I hook it up. 485 to my lor controller then to the 27channel controller. How do I address the controler. I know there a chart for the dip switches but what or where do get the numbers. What do I call the controller. I know a very little bit about dmx.

The 27 channel DMX controller has to be on a separate RS485.  LOR and DMX are different protocols.  Holidaycoro has the hardware needed and videos on how to work with their controllers.

Also, its a good idea to email them first to ask exactly what you need from them. Besides the light strips, you'll need the correct flavor of power supply, controller card and if these are going outside, you'll need wires/cable and an enclosure. If you use HolidayCoro controller, you will need their "ActiDongle" to connect to your computer. You might also need their channel addressing change cable in order to re-address things depending on which controller(s) you buy. I bought their small 3-channel controller for their "star", power supply and channel re-addressing cable. I got it to work but ended up just connecting the star to an LOR DC board. It was much easier and for dumb strips, seriously...its too easy to look for some other method. You still need an enclosure and power supply.

Thanks I will join the auschristmas and look at 101 rgb stuff.  i will contact holiday coro and find out what I need. Most of all I will monitor lor forum.