Light-O-Rama Forums

the box

samatbayer

Would it be advisable to store the control boxes after the season or will it be ok to store it outdise. My box is under the eaves of my home. and it is unplugged.

Outside, under the eaves and unplugged?

I wouldn't see an issue with that. Make sure they are closed up well. The only thing I'd worry about off the top of my head is a windstorm blowing the covers open in a during heavy rain.

Make sure nothing can or has crawled inside before you power it again.  slugs and creepy crawlies has been known to short out triacs.

I have half a dozen controllers that are left outside year 'round.  The only thing I've noticed is that wasps seem to like the accommodations quite nicely if there's any space they can crawl in from the bottom. :angry:

+1 on what George said.

I encountered wasp years ago in a couple controller boxes. The bad thing is you don't really think about it until you open the cover, then they are swarming mad and already in your face. (note: if you don't cover the openings, have a path cleared out to run away in a quick hurry :lol:)

Make sure the opening is stuffed with steel wool or something to keep anything out of there.

• The topic was locked