Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade an image

redsea300

Is there a way to make a drawn image fade from basically 0 to full intensity. Also what about twinkle or shimmer?

Sorry, there is no easy way to make an image fade, or twinkle or shimmer.

Currently, the only way to make an image fade is to make more than one image and make the successive images be more dim. I have done this in some of my sequences. If the image fades fairly quickly you can get a decent fade by creating 3 different images and displaying them successively.

The only other feature in there is to add a "ramp" to an image. To do this, set "Ramp Time Length" to something other than 0. The behavior of a ramp is that it will bring the image to full brightness and then fade the image. Admittedly this behavior is unusual. The first sequence I did using images was "Jingle Bell Rock" and that is the effect I wanted in that sequence. I guess I should have an option in there to not bring the image to full brightness before doing the fade.

Ok if I draw a XMAS tree at 10% Red then do one at 50% RED it is more brown than red. I will play with the ramp option.

Thanks

Being able to fade an image in and fade an image out is something I have wanted to do also. So I went ahead and put it in. In the image dialog box there is now an option for a PreRamp and a PostRamp. The PreRamp will fade an image in, PostRamp will fade an image out.

To get a copy of the program with this feature in it, do the following:

1) Shut down SuperStar

2) Look for the following file:

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe

3) Rename it to something like SSEdit_original.exe

4) Use the link below to get the new SSEdit.exe and copy it to the same place where you renamed the original SSEdit.exe

http://superstar.synchronizedchristmas.com/SSEdit.exe

5) Launch SuperStar. If you have done everything correctly, it will say v3.11.3 in the title bar in the upper left of the program.

6) Try adding an image with a PreRamp or a PostRamp

Thanks for doing this. I am sure it will be awesome as soon as I can figure this computer exe stuff out.

Thanks A lot Brian

The default is for explorer to not display the file extension on files. The file in the lower right that says "SSEdit" is really "SSEdit.exe" but Microsoft figured that file extensions confuse people so they don't display it.

Rename the file to something like "SSEdit_origional" and the put the downloaded file in the same folder.

That is what I thought. But wasn't sure. Thanks for everything you do for us. It works awesome. Just is what I was looking for.

Thanks Again!!

Wow...

I just never cease to be impressed by the kindness and selfless dedication of the people I share this "hobby" with.

Salute!

tj

• 2 weeks later...

Image fades are just what I have been wanting to do, I think this will make our CCB tree look even better. Thanks from me as well, Brian!

• 11 months later...

Hey Brian...is this feature in 3.12?

Never mind..I see that it is...

So..is there any way to fade text then?

Edited by jimswinder

Yes, in 3.12.0 you can fade an image in and out. You do it by choosing PreRamp and/or PostRamp at the bottom of the Image Setup dialog box.

You can also fade text in and out.  You do it by choosing PreRamp and/or PostRamp at the bottom of the Text Setup dialog box.