Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Array

Ralph A

I see that in release 3.11.0  we have a device called "Cosmic Color Array"  It is listed as an LOR device.  I did a search but did not find anything on it, in the forums and the website.   IN the SE you can add up to 100 pixels. OK.  Can anyone tell me what this is and what it does?

Thanks!!

At the Christmas Expo last July LOR was showing some small matrix's that are suppose to be coming out soon. They had demo's of them, but I can't remember how many pixels each on had. I'll bet this may be what this is for, or I may be wrong.

OK! Where do you see information on 3.11.0? I can't find it.

Go to Important Announcements in the forums, look for 3.11.0 and about half way down the page you will see "Whats new in this version" It's the first one.

At the Christmas Expo last July LOR was showing some small matrix's that are suppose to be coming out soon. They had demo's of them, but I can't remember how many pixels each on had. I'll bet this may be what this is for, or I may be wrong.

Correct.  Cosmic Color Arrays are 100 (10x10) pixel panels.  When they become available, they will be housed in weatherproof enclosures that can be 'snapped' together into different configurations.

The ones we demoed at the expo were set up as 5x1 (or 6x1?  Can't remember.  Senior Moment) sign board.  We were running various Superstar Sequences on it -- including 'Pac Man' and 'Jingle Bell Rock'.

Specifications are subject to change.  We have no estimated date of arrival as of yet.  

Does anybody have any vids or pics of what these arrays look like? These sound like a nice alternative to a horizontal CCR setup.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to thinking...dangerous as that is...lol, "What if" someone built a multiple array based structure of lets say, 12x12 pixel strings therefore 144 strings, all hanging as a box like structure. That someone could literally develop a 3D moving object within. Lets say, Santa carrying is bag of toys, walking or coming down the chimney. The hardware, although expensive for that number of pixel strings and the controllers, wouldn't be hard at all to accomplish, Creating 3D objects within would be wildly new and frankly, I don't think anyone has done it yet. We all deal with 2D objects on our computers and try to make them appear to be 3D but "what if" someone could write software to make a real 3D model appear in pixels? Even if there was a 3D software conversion program, we would still need a 3D model to work from then adding in movement as desired or go the stop-motion picture things they do in cartoons but in 3D and do one picture at a time. Yes, it would take a lot of time just to do one alone. Anyway, just thinking...

• 8 months later...

Anyone heard of any update on the CCA availability?  I asked some time ago and was told that they are trying for this season but the season is upon us.

• The topic was locked