Light-O-Rama Forums

Stopping and starting Sequence while programming

rcolving

Ok! This is probably something that is obvious but I've tried and tried and can't figure it out.  While I'm designing my sequence to the wav file.  Every time I stop to make my edits on the channels everything goes back to the start of the song.  Is there a way I can pause and a point in the wav file.  Make my channel settings and then continue on from that point instead of going through from the beginning of the song. It seems to waste a lot of time having to play from the beginning each time. :(

In sequence editor go to the PLAY pull down menu and there is a PLAY RANGE tab. There are 5 different ways to play it back.

If you click and drag in the timeline, you will highlight that section of song.  Use the space bar to play the highlighted area, make revisions, rinse and repeat as many times as you want.  Click the timeline to cancel or move to another area.

For the space bar to work reliably and predictably, make sure the focus is on the Sequence Editor window.  If it's on the animation or the Vis, then pressing the space bar will result in nothing more than finger fatigue.